The rich cultural blend, the beaches, the fun lifestyle and the touch of spirituality for sure make Goa special. Goa is India’s smallest state and a place worth visiting for sure. In this post, I am sharing the details you need to know before planning for a trip to Goa which include the hotels in Goa, where to travel, where to go for shopping and food and booze. They say that the pick season in Goa is from November to February. however, I personally believe this state can be explored at any point in time.
To Reach Goa:
Goa is well-connected to all the major cities of India. Below are the connecting points:
- Airport: Vasco-da-Gama,
- Railway stations: Madgaon, Vasco, and Thivim and
- Bus depots: Panjim and Madgaon.
Plan your travel well in advance as the flight will cost you more in the pick season.
Hotels in Goa:
The first thing I have started searching is nothing but the Hotels in Goa. A friend advised opting for South Goa to stay if I am looking for a quiet stay. The northern part of the city is more congested. The northern part as I was told is having the modern high-rise hotels in Goa while the South is having the quieter ones. While searching I have shortlisted a few hotels based on our need. We are planning to divide our stay in between North and South Goa.
What I found accommodations are affordable in Goa if it is not the pick-season. However, we are planning for December and hence we need to plan beforehand. Below are lists of hotels in Goa which you can explore based on your need.
- Luxury Hotels in Goa
- Hotels near the beaches of Goa
- Boutique Hotels in Goa
- Budget Hotels in Goa
Must carry list when you are travelling to Goa!
- Light sundress
- Flip-flops, hat, sunglass, and sunscreen
- Books and Music player
- Medicines (especially for my little one!)
- License (if you are planning to hire a bike-taxi to explore the state)
Must Visit Places in Goa!
- Bagha Beach
- Candolim Beach
- Morjim Beach
- Calangute Beach
- Miramar Beach
- Natural Attractions
- Dona Paula
- Arvalem Waterfall and Pandava Caves
- Grand Iceland
- Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary
- Dudhsagar Falls
- Spice plantation
- Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary
- Old Goa Churches
- Bom Jesus Basilica
- The Church of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception
- Aguada Fort
- Reis Magos Fort
- Arpora Night Market
Food and Booze in Goa!
This is actually an exhaustive list! Here is a list of food and items you must try when you are in Goa.
- Xacuti (coconut based Chicken Curry)
- Balchao (Goan Pickle mostly prepared with Prawns)
- Cafreal (Portuguese Grilled Chicken)
- Caldin (A coconut based curry prepared with either fish or veggies)
- Goan Sausages/ Churizo (Goan spicy sausages prepared with pork)
- Pao (Goan Breads)
- Vada (Fritters)
- Sorpotel (a Portuguese dish prepared with Pork)
- Vindaloo (spicy Curry, mostly prepared with pork and dominated by vinegar. They do make it with other proteins as well)
- Bebinka (Dessert prepared with Guava and coconut)
- Sanna (Savoury Rice cake)
- Feni (a local drink)
- Uraak (another famous local drink)
Here is the list of the places where you can go for shopping in Goa!
- Saturday night market
- Mapusa Market (especially for the spices)
- Anjuna Flea Market in North Goa
I would love to know further details you wish me to add here. I wish you all the success for your upcoming Goa Trip!