My 2017 5 Star looking back listing (check my first post on this series over my insta feed here) will not be complete without what I mentioned above.
Now it is difficult to make a collage of whatever I liked this year! Clumsiness is not the option after all. However, with this post, I am covering the 5 Star experiences ( The items I liked or tried for the first time or the experiences I had, or simply the interaction and yes, again Pasta is part of this collage as well. The listing has nothing to do with the chronology or preference, this is random.
1. Coming to Taj Bengal, the elaborate Wasabi experience was royal and I had tasted the best for sure. We welcomed Cal 27 and I must mention the unique Taj group events I have attended in between, be the interaction with the famous Cartier consultant and Painter Olaf Van Cleef or the experience of attending the Samvaad, a CSR initiative that involves tribal community ( the tribal food was divine). I must mention about the simple luncheon we attended at Chinoiserie (mind that it was no blogger’s meet)
2. The Oberoi Grand not only pampered us with the Pujor Mohabhoj ( for me, their Pujo spread was best during Durga Puja) but they organized an amazing Cook-off between the Kolkata bloggers over Thai food. I must say, the concept was unique and the experience of working in the Kitchen of Baan Thai was fantastic.
3. ITC Sonar indulged me with a different kind of food and knowledge; be it the Bohri food experience or the experience of the family Onam lunch or the chocolate experience at Fabelle and my moment of sheer happiness when my “Niramish Mangsho” photograph was selected for their exhibition.
4. Novotel Kolkata has gifted us with the best French food experience. Be it the Magret Fume A La Camomille accompagne De Figue Et De” (read duck breast smoked with chamomile and served with fig Bourbon Chutney and Valencia Orange) or Chicken Liver Pate served with Port wine Pearls and Farmer style Malba or the Soupe A L’oignon or the French Onion Soup; every single thing was worth remembering till date.
5. The Lalit Great Eastern Kolkata: Okay, let me start with the experience of exploring the Property! I won a Photography contest by them and Zee Bangla. I was given chance to visit the historical building and indeed amazing tour it was. When it is Lalit Great Eastern how can I not mention Bakery; after all, I visit that place almost once in a month to pick our favorite baked goodies!
6. J W Marriott Kolkata happened 🙂 and that says it all. Okay, from My Marriott experiences I am choosing 3 things. First and foremost, Vintage Asia and the offerings (my favorite is the Pork Belly). Their 500 bucks Monsoon Chai offerings was an amazing deal to grab for. Last but not the least, Kids workshops they are organizing at regular intervals are really good and needless to say Pasta enjoyed.
7. Coming to Hyatt Regency, I pick is the experience of savoring the Truffle loaded food which was part of the Truffle festival. It was one of the best luncheons I attended this year. My picks are Scallop Salad with Truffle Dressing, Salmon with white truffle oil infused peas cream along with cherry tomatoes and glazed asparagus was also great.
8. How can I not mention Swissotel Kolkata when I cherished the Chicken Parmigiana, Pan Fried Pork Schnitzel, Tenderloin Beef Steak, Butter Poached Bhetki or the amazing Cheesecake whenever I went to the Cafe Swiss.
9. We welcomed Holiday Inn in Kolkata too! For me, the experience was amazing given I visited the place after some prolonged medical condition and I was eagerly waiting for some positivity. Here go my picks from the menu of Social Kitchen; Green Peas Cappuccino, fried Calamari.
Disclaimer: This post is written based on my experience of visiting the 5 Star properties in Kolkata during 2017 and upon cherishing and experiencing their offerings.