“Na na Momma” this is what Pasta said after she was served with her Saturdays’ dinner. Loads of veggies were clearly visible from the plate of Chilli Garlic Veg Noodles that I prepared for our No-nonveg dinner yesterday and she rejected on first go as always though she finally had it completely. Nowadays, I am facing a new tantrum while feeding Pasta; she is not willing to take veggies! This is however a common problem among kids and mine is not an exception. She loves her portion of chicken and egg but with veggies I have no option but experiment new things to feed her. The Indianized version of Chinese staple is always a life saviour for me; this is one of the easiest ways to add loads of colourful veggies to my LOs diet.
Both me and hubby love Chinese and I often make Noodles in my place and my noodles preparations are either typical Indo-Chinese or sometimes full of Indian spices. I prefer to cook Noodles with extra garlic and Chilli Garlic Veg Noodles is a family favourite. The recipe of this Veg noodles loaded with the flavour of Chilli and garlic is really simple and can be a good option for lunch or dinner.
There are few veggies which I try to opt while making this Chilli Garlic Veg Noodles that includes Bell Pepper, Carrot, French Beans, Onion, Peas and apart from this I try to add seasonal veggies to make my Noodles more colourful and nutritious. This time I was available with Spring Onion and Zucchini apart from the veggies mentioned and I have added those too. Many people prefer to use Julienne veggies however I prefer to add small pieces for the sake of my LO. This recipe asks for use of Chilli and I add two types of chilli while making it; de-seeded skin of dried red chilli and chopped green chilli in vinegar. Given my little one can’t handle chilli much I ended of adding green chilli at last after separating her portion of noodles though I a sharing the recipe for normal process. I mostly add three types of sauces while making the Chilli Garlic Veg Noodles; Tomato Sauce, Soy Sauce and sometimes Red Chilli Sauce though didn’t added the last one this time. I mostly use Ching's Secret Hakka Veg Noodles for making this however; don’t add the tastemaker came with it.Print
Veg Noodles flavored with Chilli and Garlic; an Indo-Chinese staple with the goodness of veggies
- Hakka Noodles: 100g (I used Ching's Secret Hakka Veg Noodles)
- Onion: 1
- Garlic : 10-12 Clove
- Cabbage - ¼ of a Medium sized Cabbage
- Carrot: 1 medium size
- Bell Pepper: 1 medium size (I have used Red)
- Green Peas: ½ cup
- Spring Onion: ½ cup (green portion)
- Zucchini: 1 (medium size) (optional)
- Dried Red Chilli: 2
- Green Chilli: 3
- Tomato Sauce: 2 Tbsp.
- Soy Sauce: 1 Tbsp.
- Vinegar: 2 Tbsp.
- Black Pepper Powder: ½ Tsp.
- Salt: 1.5 Tbsp.
- Refined Oil: 3 tbsp. + 1 Tsp.
Cutting the Veggies:
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Cutting-Veggies-for-Veg-Noodles-169x300.jpg"][/url]
- Cut Bell Pepper, Carrot, Onion and Zucchini into small cubes. Refer to the picture for size.
- Chop the Greener part of Spring onion and Cabbage into fine strips and chop garlic cloves roughly.
- De-seed Dried Red Chillies and chop the skin of the chilli into medium pieces.
- Chop Green chillies into small pieces and deep into Vinegar.
Cooking the Noodles:
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Step-by-Step-process-of-Boiling-Noodles-300x240.jpg"][/url]
- Take 10 Cups of Water along with 1 Tbsp. of Salt in a big vessel and bring it to boil. When the water start bubbling and 1 Tsp. of Refined Oil.
- Add Noodles to the boiling water and cook for around 3 minutes or until you reach al dente. Noodles need to be properly cooked from inside but firm from outside.
- Now switch the flame off and strain the water using a strainer or using a perforated vessel like I did.
- Sprinkle little oil over the noodles to prevent sticking the noodles.
Cooking the Veggies and mixing with Noodles:
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Step-by-Step-Chilli-Garlic-Veg-Noodles-300x300.jpg"][/url]
- Take Oil in a deep bottomed pan and heat it properly.
- Add chopped Garlic and skin of Dried Red Chillies in the oil and cook for 1 minute in high flame till garlic start emitting nice aroma.
- Now add chopped Onion, Carrot, Spring Onions and French beans to the tempering and cook for 2 minutes in high flame.
- Add rest of the veggies i.e. Cabbage, Green Peas, Bell Pepper and Zucchini and cook in medium flame and cook in high flame for 2 minutes.
- Add Salt, Pepper Powder Tomato Sauce, Soy Sauce and Green Chilli with Vinegar to the mixture and give it a proper mix.
- Now add cooked Noodles and toss using two spatulas to mix everything properly.
- Sauces can be adjusted according to taste.
- Switch the flame off and serve Chilli Garlic Veg Noodles hot.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Indo-Chinese
Hope you like this post on Chilli Garlic Veg Noodles. It would be really great if you could share this with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles or Pin it to keep me motivated. You just need to click on the “like,” “share,” “tweet,” “pin it” or Google+ buttons below the post. Thanks a ton! Visit my archive of Snacks for more such recipes.