“Na na Momma” this is what Pasta said after she was served with her Saturdays’ dinner. Loads of veggies were clearly visible from the plate of Chilli Garlic Veg Noodles that I prepared for our No-nonveg dinner yesterday and she rejected on first go as always though she finally had it completely. Nowadays, I am facing a new tantrum while feeding Pasta; she is not willing to take veggies! This is however a common problem among kids and mine is not an exception. She loves her portion of chicken and egg but with veggies I have no option but experiment new things to feed her. The Indianized version of Chinese staple is always a life saviour for me; this is one of the easiest ways to add loads of colourful veggies to my LOs diet.
Both me and hubby love Chinese and I often make Noodles in my place and my noodles preparations are either typical Indo-Chinese or sometimes full of Indian spices. I prefer to cook Noodles with extra garlic and Chilli Garlic Veg Noodles is a family favourite. The recipe of this Veg noodles loaded with the flavour of Chilli and garlic is really simple and can be a good option for lunch or dinner.
There are few veggies which I try to opt while making this Chilli Garlic Veg Noodles that includes Bell Pepper, Carrot, French Beans, Onion, Peas and apart from this I try to add seasonal veggies to make my Noodles more colourful and nutritious. This time I was available with Spring Onion and Zucchini apart from the veggies mentioned and I have added those too. Many people prefer to use Julienne veggies however I prefer to add small pieces for the sake of my LO. This recipe asks for use of Chilli and I add two types of chilli while making it; de-seeded skin of dried red chilli and chopped green chilli in vinegar. Given my little one can’t handle chilli much I ended of adding green chilli at last after separating her portion of noodles though I a sharing the recipe for normal process. I mostly add three types of sauces while making the Chilli Garlic Veg Noodles; Tomato Sauce, Soy Sauce and sometimes Red Chilli Sauce though didn’t added the last one this time. I mostly use Ching’s Secret Hakka Veg Noodles for making this however; don’t add the tastemaker came with it.
- Hakka Noodles: 100g (I used Ching's Secret Hakka Veg Noodles)
- Onion: 1
- Garlic : 10-12 Clove
- Cabbage – ¼ of a Medium sized Cabbage
- Carrot: 1 medium size
- Bell Pepper: 1 medium size (I have used Red)
- Green Peas: ½ Cup
- Spring Onion: ½ Cup (green portion)
- Zucchini: 1 (medium size) (optional)
- Dried Red Chilli: 2
- Green Chilli: 3
- Tomato Sauce: 2 Tbsp.
- Soy Sauce: 1 Tbsp.
- Vinegar: 2 Tbsp.
- Black Pepper Powder: ½ Tsp.
- Salt: 1.5 Tbsp.
- Refined Oil: 3 tbsp. + 1 Tsp.
- Cut Bell Pepper, Carrot, Onion and Zucchini into small cubes. Refer to the picture for size.
- Chop the Greener part of Spring onion and Cabbage into fine strips and chop garlic cloves roughly.
- De-seed Dried Red Chillies and chop the skin of the chilli into medium pieces.
- Chop Green chillies into small pieces and deep into Vinegar.
- Take 10 Cups of Water along with 1 Tbsp. of Salt in a big vessel and bring it to boil. When the water start bubbling and 1 Tsp. of Refined Oil.
- Add Noodles to the boiling water and cook for around 3 minutes or until you reach al dente. Noodles need to be properly cooked from inside but firm from outside.
- Now switch the flame off and strain the water using a strainer or using a perforated vessel like I did.
- Sprinkle little oil over the noodles to prevent sticking the noodles.
- Take Oil in a deep bottomed pan and heat it properly.
- Add chopped Garlic and skin of Dried Red Chillies in the oil and cook for 1 minute in high flame till garlic start emitting nice aroma.
- Now add chopped Onion, Carrot, Spring Onions and French beans to the tempering and cook for 2 minutes in high flame.
- Add rest of the veggies i.e. Cabbage, Green Peas, Bell Pepper and Zucchini and cook in medium flame and cook in high flame for 2 minutes.
- Add Salt, Pepper Powder Tomato Sauce, Soy Sauce and Green Chilli with Vinegar to the mixture and give it a proper mix.
- Now add cooked Noodles and toss using two spatulas to mix everything properly.
- Sauces can be adjusted according to taste.
- Switch the flame off and serve Chilli Garlic Veg Noodles hot.
Hope you like this post on Chilli Garlic Veg Noodles. It would be really great if you could share this with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles or Pin it to keep me motivated. You just need to click on the “like,” “share,” “tweet,” “pin it” or Google+ buttons below the post. Thanks a ton! Visit my archive of Snacks for more such recipes.