Neither something nostalgic like my other posts nor any special story….! It’s just a bowl full of Pineapple Raita which took me 20 minutes to prepare…a dish on 3rd Anniversary of my blog! One of Husband Man’s favourite and a super easy dish…
A popular Indian Curd/ Yogurt based Dip; we love Raita as an accomplishment to lunch and/or Dinner. I personally prefer Fruit based Raita instead of Boondi Raita or Potato Raita because of the food value and also for the sweeter taste.
It is always better to use thick o Hung Curd for Raita. Thick Curd gives the Raita a Rich and Creamy texture! I have used Fresh Pineapple in my Raita, if not available Canned Pineapple can also be used.Print
- Plain Curd/ Yogurt/ Dahi/ Tok-Doi: 400g
- Pineapple: 1.5 Cup (around 250g)
- Powdered Sugar: 1.5 tablespoon
- Salt: ¼ teaspoon
- Black Pepper: ¼ teaspoon (crushed)
- Roasted Cumin Powder/ Bhaja Masala: ½ teaspoon
- Chop Pineapple into small pieces.
- Take Curd in a bowl and using a spoon beat the curd to make it lump free and then strain the Curd using a Strainer.
- Now add Powdered Sugar, Salt, Roasted Cumin Powder and freshly Crushed Black Pepper in the Curd and Mix well.
- Add Chopped Pineapples to the Curd mixture and lightly fold the Pineapples with Curd to complete the Raita.
- Transfer Pineapple Raita in a Serving Bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving the Raita.
- Pineapple Raita can be garnished further with pieces of Pineapple.
- Serving Size: 1 Bowl