What can I say about this dessert!!!!! Kulfi is Indian version of Ice cream (in fact more tastier and richer version of the same) and adding Mangoes to Kulfi is like the Diamond in the Diadem…For me Mango Kulfi is an ideal dessert to serve in a Summer Gathering… Mango Kulfi can be prepared in many ways… and the simplest way it to mix Mango Pulp with Kulfi mix…. However, I am sharing a bit twisted version of Mango Kulfi where I’ve set Kulfi within a Mango and here Mango is acting as the container as well! this is a heavenly Mango dessert…
A very interesting recipe of Mango Kulfi where Kulfi is set within the core of Mango
- Ripe Mango: 2-3 (I’ve used Safeda)
- Full Cream Milk: 500 ml
- Khoya / Mawa: 100 g
- Condensed Milk: 50 ml
- Sugar: ½ cup
- Blanched Pistachio, Almond, cashew nut and Raisin: handful
- Saffron strands: 8-10
- Take one mango and cut a small skin portion from the upper side (where the stem is attached) to make a semi hole.
- Very carefully scoop mango pulp with the help of a spoon or fork through the hole and with a twist scoop out the stone (Aanti / gutli) from the mango.
- Do not scoop entire pulp from the mango. There has to be sufficient amount of pulp within it.
- With the same process scoop other mangoes also.
- Refrigerate scooped mangoes for an hour.
- With the help of a processor make mango purée ( use the pulp scooped out from the mangoes ) .
- Boil milk and reduce it to half and add khoya and condensed milk and boil for around 5-7 minutes in low flame.
- Add sugar and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add dry fruits and saffron strands and boil in simmer till the mixture thickens.
- Take the mixture in a container and cool it in room temperature.
- Fridge the mixture in deep-fridge to set the Kulfi.
- Take out the Kulfi mix and blend it with help of a spoon or hand blender and again fridge it to set.
- Follow above mentioned step for one more time but this time add mango puree in the mixture and refrigerate to set.
- Take out the Kulfi and blend it with the help of a spoon again and pour within the empty mango shells.
- Place the mango full of Kulfi in a Tea cup or small bowl; it will help to place the mango in refrigerator.
- Refrigerate till the Kulfi set properly within mangoes.
- Take Mango- Kulfis out of the fridge and cut into 4 halves.
- What else!!!!! Enjoy your Mango Kulfi.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Indian