The Fern Hotels & Resorts – India’s leading environmentally sensitive hotel chain recently inaugurated and opened its door with The Fern Residency, Kolkata, a Mid-scale business hotel in the state of West Bengal. The Fern Residency, Kolkata did a preview of its upcoming special Menu for the auspicious occasion of Poila Baisakh to add a charm to the celebration of Bengali New Year with its first ‘Bengali Food Festival’ this time in the City of Joy, Kolkata. The event was graced by the presence of Ms. Suchandra Vaaniya, Tollywood Actress.
What’s festivity without food? What’s better than getting to gorge on the choicest Bengali dishes without shedding tears in the kitchen? This Poila Baisakh, Bengalis of Kolkata can just do that very easily. The Fern Residency Hotel, Kolkata has lined up a delectable array of Bengali delicacies and taste tickling dessert to make the Bengali New Year a memorable Poila Baisakh. Age old delicacies from the kitchens of the villages of Bengal will be showcased during this 3-day long Bengali Food Festival. The Bengali penchant for gourmandizing comes through best on Poila Baisakh when people love to revisit their roots. The feast, open For Both Lunch And Dinner this year on April 14th – 16th will bring alive the culture and flavor of Bengal with a wide array of special Bengali menu available at ‘XII Zodiac’, the all day dining along with 24 hours in-room dining. ‘XII Zodiac’ is Kolkata’s first sun sign based multi-cuisine restaurant where also food is served according to one’s Zodiac sign being its exclusivity.
Speaking on this occasion, Mr. RAHUL AGARWAL, Managing Director said, “No celebration in a Bengali home can be complete without the mouth watering dishes & sweets. The aroma of deliciously prepared delicacies adds up the festive mood. The Fern Residency, Kolkata has been a sheer hard work of 3 years to give the best services and be known as one of the best business hotels at an affordable price in the City Of Joy. So come, celebrate and dig into a lavish spread of delicacies at XII ZODIAC which is Kolkata’s first Sun-Sign theme based restaurant where food is served according to one’s sun-sign.”
Sharing his secrets, The Chef at The Fern Residency Hotel, Kolkata said, “Bengalis are passionate about their traditional cuisine. They spare no labour in the kitchen to ensure the dishes are relished by one and all. So here we are, ready with almost every dish that a Bengali loves. The food festival has been designed to provide our guests the authentic flavour of Bengali kitchen. We are certain that our guests will really enjoy the spread.”
Special features : “Kumro Fuler Bora”, “Bok Fuler Bora”, “Murshidabadi Murgi”, “Begun Pora”, “Macher Matha Diye Jhuro”, “Dhakaiya Murgir Kebab”, “Pabda Mach Bhaja”, “Eachor Chingri”, “Dinaj Purer Kosha Mangso”, “Macher Matha Diye Muri Ghanto”, “Basanti Pulao”, and many more.
Make this POILA BAISHAKH truly special, with the choicest delicacies of Bengal! The Fern Residency Hotel, Kolkata offers you unforgettable feasting on this festive season! With an unmatched standard of culinary perfection, combined with charming ambience, The Fern Residency is the natural choice for connoisseurs of Bengali cuisine as too for those wishing to have simply a great time, enjoying modern variations with the time-honored tradition. So come and help yourself at a lavish spread on our table!
About The Fern Residency: The Fern Hotels & Resorts is amongst the fastest growing hotel brands in India with 24 hotels and 1400+ rooms under management across 22 locations. The Fern Hotels & Resorts is at the forefront of responsible hospitality and sustainable tourism. This approach has won the brand recognition from all segments of society – guest, government, peer and community. The hotel believes in the perfect blend of luxury and coexistence with nature. With its baseline ‘Leading environmentally sensitive hotels, The Fern Hotels & Resorts is amongst the Fastest growing hotel brands in India and currently a recipient of more than 41 National and International awards. The 48 exquisitely designed guest rooms reflect modern amenities and facilities. The rooms are classified into three categories, Winter Green, Winter Premium & Hazel Suite. The Hotel is located in prime area of Rajarhat and easily accessible to city, Industrial & IT Hub and is located opposite to City Centre 2 Mall in the New Town area. The hotel is 3.5 km from the airport and 19 km from the Howrah Railway station. The hotel is managed by Concept Hospitality & the property belongs to Shanti Group.
VENUE: The Fern Residency Hotel, Kolkata (XII Zodiac)
204, Main Arterial Road, New Town, (Opposite City Centre 2) Rajarhat, Kolkata 700157, West Bengal, India
DATES: 14th, 15th & 16th April, 2016
TIMINGS: Lunch & Dinner
RATE: Poila Boishak Buffet – Rs. 899 + Taxes
14TH APRIL’ 2016 – LUNCH AND DINNER MENU:
- WELCOME DRINKS– Aam Pora Sharbat, Gandhoraj Er Ghol
- STARTERS– Kumro Fuler Bora, Begun Bhaja, Murshidabadi Murgi, Macher Dim Er Bora, Served With Jhuri Aloo Bhaja & Kasundi
- SALADS & ACCOMPANIMENT– Swadesi Salad, Bhutta Ar Anarash Makha, Desi Murgir Chaat, Aam Kasundi Chaat, Kancha Lanka & Gandhoraaj Lebu1, Kacha Amer Chutney, Tatul Er Chutney, Anarash Er Chutney, Tomato Er Chutney, Papad Bhaja, Tatka Begun Pora
- MAACH –O- MANGSHO– Macher Matha Diye Jhura (A Typical Bengali Preparation Of Fish Pulao Cooked With Fish Head (Rohu Or Katla) And Puffed Rice), Raj Barir Kosha Mangsho, Doi Murgi, Chingri Malai Curry, Rui Kalia
- SUBJIR BAHAR– Hingh Aloo Dum,Potoler Dorma, Daler Bodi Diya Shukto, Dhokar Dalna, Bhaja Moonger Dal, Basanti Pulao, Radha Ballabi
- MISTI MUKH– Komola Bhog, Misti Doi, Mango Mousse, Gulab Patti, Misti Paan
15TH & 16TH APRIL’ 2016 – LUNCH AND DINNER MENU:
- WELCOME DRINKS– Mirpuri Badami Sarbat, Bhaja Moslar Ghol
- STARTERS– Bok Ful Bhaja, Narkoler Boda, Dhakaiya Murgi Kabab, Topse Fry , Served With Jhuri Aloo Bhaja & Tetuler Chutney
- SALADS & ACCOMPANIMENT– Swadesi Salad, Bhutta Ar Anarash Makha, Murgir Chaat, Aam Kasundi Chaat, Kancha Lanka & Gandhoraaj Lebu, Kacha Amer Chutney, Tatel Er Chutney, Anarash Er Chutney, Tomato Er Chutney, Tatka Begun Pora (Brinjal Cooked In The Clay Oven Finish With Mustered Oil , Green Chillies And Onion), Papad Bhaja
- MAACH –O- MANGSHO– Macher Matha Diya Muri Ghanta (A Typical Bengali Preparation Of Fish Pulao Cooked With Fish Head (Rohu Or Katla) And Rice), Parshe Macher Jhal (Parshe Macher Jhal Is Dry Spicy Curry Made With Parshe Fish. This Is A Typical Fish To Celebrate Bengali New Year), Eachor Chingri (Enchor Chicngri Is A Green Jack-Fruit Cooked With Prawn In A Spicy Gravy, Goes Well With Steamed Rice), Dinaj Purer Kosha Mangsha (Kosha Mangsho, A Flavourful Bengali Mutton Dish), Rajbanshi Murgi (Murgir Jhol Is Liberally Seasoned With Turmeric, Garlic, Onions, And Grated Ginger. Potatoes Are Added To The Stew As A Thickening Agent)
- SUBJIR BAHAR– Sojne Datar Chorchor (Sojne Data Chorchori. Coming To Today’s Recipe Post, This Bengali Style Simple Drumstick Chorchori), Chanar Dalna, Aloo Posto, Bori Diye Lau Ghonto (Bottle Gourd Cooked With Moong Dal Dumpling), Bhaja Moonger Dal, Ghee Bhat, Korai Shutir Kachuri
- DESSERTS– Rajbhog, Kheer Kadam, Lichi Mousse, Sitabhog, Misti Paan
My take on the “Bengali Food Festival” by The Fern Residency Hotel:
A moderate choice of spread for Poila Boishakh by a mid range property, The Fern Residency Hotel especially for those who are nearby Rajarhat Area. I found the atmosphere a bit clumsy given they have organized both press meet and Blogger review alongside. Coming to the menu I have tried few items from their menu and found Aam kasundi Chaat, Topse Fry and Parshe maacher Jhal worth trying. This spread is for those who wanted to have homely bong food on Poila Boishakh but don’t want to cook!
Disclaimer: Debjani was invited by Fern Residency and she also represented Kolkata foodbloggers; the views given apart from the press release are unbiased and based on her experiences attending the lunch.