Dim er Halwa or Egg Halwa or Aanday ka Halwa is a very popular non-vegetarian Sweet Dish. It’s one of my mother in law’s signature dish and Husband man is a die heart fan of this Halwa. I just followed Mom in law’s recipe line by line as am also a fan of this yummy dessert. This dish is a must in “Shab e Barat” and in my in law’s place they used to prepare different types of Halwa to celebrate , however I being the lazy to the power infinite ended with just one item – the testiest one – Dim er Halwa.
Dim er Halwa or Egg Halwa
Dim er Halwa or Egg Halwa is an Indian Sweet dish or Halwa. This is a family recipe of mine and I learned Egg Halwa from my mother in law.
Author: Debjani Chatterjee
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 4-5 People
- Egg: 6
- Full Cream Milk: 1 liter
- Mixture of Raisin, almond, Cashew nut etc.: 50 g (mom in law’s version is “hand full of dry fruits”)
- Pure Ghee: ⅔ cup
- Powdered Sugar: 1 cup or according to taste
- Powdered Cardamoms: 1 Black and 3-4 green
- Saffron: few strands
- Food Color: either orange or Yellow (I prefer orange but mom likes yellow)
- Beat eggs properly along with powdered sugar till eggs turn creamy.
- Add few drops of food color to the egg mixture.
- Take 1 Tbsp. of warm milk and add saffron strands.
- Boil milk and reduce it to ⅔ of the original quantity and add Egg mixture.
- Now add Ghee, Dry fruits (roughly chopped), Saffron milk and cardamom powder and stir continuously till the entire thing start forming small granules.
- Cook in the low flame with continuous stirring until the entire liquid evaporates and oil separates from the Halwa.
- Remove from flame and serve it with your choice of Bread or serve it as it is.