Dimer Halwa or Egg Halwa is an Indian Sweet dish or Halwa prepared with Egg. This is an heirloom recipe from my in-laws' side
- Egg: 6
- Full Cream Milk: 1 litre
- Raisin: 20
- Almond: 10-15
- Cashew nut: 10-15
- Pure Ghee: 2/3 cup (100g)
- Powdered Sugar: 1 cup (150g)
- Green Cardamoms: 4
- Black Cardamom: 2
- Saffron: a few strands
- Food Color: either orange or Yellow (I prefer orange but mom likes yellow)
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Making-Dimer-Halwa.jpg"][/url]
- Beat eggs properly along with powdered sugar till eggs turn creamy.
- Add a few drops of food color to the egg mixture.
- Take 1 Tbsp. of warm milk and add saffron strands.
- Make a powder of the Cardamoms.
- Boil milk and reduce it to 2/3 of the original quantity and add Egg mixture.
- Now add Ghee, Dry fruits, Saffron milk, and cardamom powder and stir continuously till the entire thing start forming small granules.
- Cook in the low flame with continuous stirring until the entire liquid evaporates and oil separates from the Halwa.
- Remove from flame and serve it with your choice of Bread or serve it as it is.
You may increase or decrease the amount of ghee based on the requirement.
Instead of full-fat milk, you can use skimmed milk.
Sugar proportion can also be increased or decreased.
You may skip the food color.
I prefer to use whole dry fruits instead of chopped dry fruits. You may use chopped dry fruits as well.
To make the Halwa richer, you may add some Mawa/ condensed milk as well.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 150g
- Calories: 410
- Sugar: 42.2g
- Sodium: 192mg
- Fat: 19.2g
- Saturated Fat: 8.2g
- Carbohydrates: 46.1g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 14.9g
- Cholesterol: 203mg