Holi is always being special to me… I love the festival of colours; I prefer to celebrate it as much as possible; I try to cook something special for Holi …Gujia is something that I try to make every year on Holi and this year along with the Gujias I made something really cute and tasty; Chocolate dipped Coconut Mawa Laddu. A simple yet amazingly looking sweet that I made with the leftover stuffing that I prepared to make Gujia this year.
Chocolate dipped Coconut Mawa Laddu is nothing but a fusion Narkel Naru or Coconut Laddu along with some Mawa which I flavoured with a powder of nutmeg and ended on dipping in melted chocolate and my Naru turned super attractive after having the makeover. Coming to the taste, Pasta was happy to have the Chocolate dipped Narkel Mawa Naru and she had around 3 of its which was quite unexpected given till now she is not a Naru fan.
Coming to the recipe of Chocolate dipped Coconut Mawa Laddu, I cooked desiccated coconut along with equal amount of Mawa or solidified milk along with dry fruits and little nutmeg powder and made round balls out of the mixture exactly similar to Narkel Naru or Coconut Laddu and dipped those in melted chocolate and waited till chocolate solidified to serve it.Print
Chocolate dipped Coconut Mawa Laddu is a fusion Narkel Naru or Coconut Laddu along with some Mawa which are dipped in melted chocolate for added taste
- Desiccated Coconut: 200 g
- Mawa / Solidified Milk: 300 g
- Cashew Nut: 10
- Almond: 10
- Pistachios: 10
- Raisin: 20
- Powdered Sugar: 8 Tbsp.
- Nutmeg Powder: ¼ Tsp.
- Green Cardamom Powder: ½ Tsp.
- Compound Chocolate: 200 g (I have used Morde’s Milk Chocolate)
- Finely chop all the dry fruits except raisins.
- Grate Mawa and keep it in room temperature.[url href=”https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Making-of-Chocolate-dipped-Coconut-Mawa-Laddu1-300×188.jpg”][/url]
- Take desiccated coconut in a non-stick pan and dry roast on medium flame until the coconut emits a nutty aroma and turned light brown in colour.
- Add 2/3 of the chopped dry fruits along with the raisins to the roasted coconut and cook for a minute in low flame with constantly stirring the mixture.
- Add grated Mawa to the mixture and in low flame keep cooking and stirring till Mawa mixes completely with coconut.
- When Mawa mixes completely add powdered sugar, nutmeg powder, and green cardamom powder and keep cooking until sugar mixes and the mixture leaves the edges of the pan.
- Switch the flame off and wait till the mixture is okay to handle with hand.
- Make small balls out of the mixture and keep those covered in a jar.[url href=”https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Making-of-Chocolate-dipped-Coconut-Mawa-Laddu-300×300.jpg”][/url]
- Now chop compound chocolate into small pieces and melt using a microwave. This may take around 40 seconds to 1 minute to melt chocolate in microwave. Instead of microwave, a double boiler can also be used to melt chocolate.
- Dip Coconut Mawa Laddu one by one in melted chocolate and place those on a plate and top with some chopped dry fruits.
- Fridge the Chocolate dipped Coconut Mawa Laddu to set properly and serve it either in room temperature or chilled.
- [url href=”https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Chocolate-dipped-Coconut-Mawa-Fudge-203×300.jpg”][/url]
I have added Mawa and coconut in 2:1 proportion; which can be altered based on preference.
Instead of Powdered sugar normal Sugar can also be used
Instead of Milk chocolate Dark compound can also be used
- Category: Sweet
- Cuisine: Indian