Chocolate dipped Coconut Mawa Laddu is a fusion Narkel Naru or Coconut Laddu along with some Mawa which are dipped in melted chocolate for added taste
- Desiccated Coconut: 200 g
- Mawa / Solidified Milk: 300 g
- Cashew Nut: 10
- Almond: 10
- Pistachios: 10
- Raisin: 20
- Powdered Sugar: 8 Tbsp.
- Nutmeg Powder: ¼ Tsp.
- Green Cardamom Powder: ½ Tsp.
- Compound Chocolate: 200 g (I have used Morde’s Milk Chocolate)
- Finely chop all the dry fruits except raisins.
- Grate Mawa and keep it in room temperature.[url href="https://cdn1.kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Making-of-Chocolate-dipped-Coconut-Mawa-Laddu1-300x188.jpg"][/url]
- Take desiccated coconut in a non-stick pan and dry roast on medium flame until the coconut emits a nutty aroma and turned light brown in colour.
- Add 2/3 of the chopped dry fruits along with the raisins to the roasted coconut and cook for a minute in low flame with constantly stirring the mixture.
- Add grated Mawa to the mixture and in low flame keep cooking and stirring till Mawa mixes completely with coconut.
- When Mawa mixes completely add powdered sugar, nutmeg powder, and green cardamom powder and keep cooking until sugar mixes and the mixture leaves the edges of the pan.
- Switch the flame off and wait till the mixture is okay to handle with hand.
- Make small balls out of the mixture and keep those covered in a jar.[url href="https://cdn1.kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Making-of-Chocolate-dipped-Coconut-Mawa-Laddu-300x300.jpg"][/url]
- Now chop compound chocolate into small pieces and melt using a microwave. This may take around 40 seconds to 1 minute to melt chocolate in microwave. Instead of microwave, a double boiler can also be used to melt chocolate.
- Dip Coconut Mawa Laddu one by one in melted chocolate and place those on a plate and top with some chopped dry fruits.
- Fridge the Chocolate dipped Coconut Mawa Laddu to set properly and serve it either in room temperature or chilled.
- [url href="https://cdn1.kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Chocolate-dipped-Coconut-Mawa-Fudge-203x300.jpg"][/url]
I have added Mawa and coconut in 2:1 proportion; which can be altered based on preference.
Instead of Powdered sugar normal Sugar can also be used
Instead of Milk chocolate Dark compound can also be used
- Category: Sweet
- Cuisine: Indian