What does a good morning means to a woman! What does a perfect morning means to a mother? And what does a golden morning means to a working woman who is a mother of 2 years old who handles her singlehanded presently given the father is on a foreign assignment and who loves to cook after the hectic day and is a food blogger too! Her answer is nothing but an energetic start of a refreshing day which can boost her to manage everything for that day and sleep peacefully at night! The Mantra is nothing but to plan properly and to live every single moment of life and to cherish everything! This post of mine is important for two reasons; firstly, with this I am going to start a new section in my blog “Easy Tiffin Box Recipes for Kids” given my little one is now attending play school and she is super choosy with her food! Secondly, I am writing this for the #Colgate360GoldMornings organized by “Colgate” as well! The recipe I am going to share is a super easy Grilled Egg and Cheese Sandwich to start my new initiative of the “Easy Tiffin Box Recipes for Kids”!
From last few days I was thinking to share recipes in “Debjanir Rannaghar” under a Kid’s snack box or tiffin box section but was not boosted enough to start it. However, it is just a matter of chance I saw the #Colgate360GoldMornings initiative which I found really beautiful to write for; to turn a good morning into a gold morning! My gold morning is started with a positive vive, positive mind with a cup of hot lemon tea followed by cuddling my little pumpkin and to prepare a fulfilling food box for her and for me as well which she carries with her and I finish my portion while driving the car or after reaching office! I being a working mother always try to plan beforehand for my little one’s day to day core and I travel quite often so I prefer to make a handy food menu for her cute little tiffin box that she carries in her play school. To her box I mostly pack some healthy yet tasty snack which includes cookies and biscuits too. I trained my house help with few recipes especially to prepare in my absence when Pasta stayed with her grand mom and this recipe of Grilled Egg and Cheese Sandwich is one of those.
Coming to the Grilled Egg and Cheese Sandwich, it is really easy to make this and requires some handy ingredients including bread (I prefer to use brown bread); boiled egg, butter and cheese slice along with little crushed black pepper. I mostly give instruction to my house help each night what to make ready for the next morning to save some time. She boiled the egg while making the morning tea and I started making the sandwich while having my tea and I try to finish the newspaper while grilling the sandwich! Multitasking you see….I mostly use cookie cutter to cut the sides of the bread for Pastas’s sandwiches and cut remaining portion into bite sized pieces and divide that between me and my house help. I prefer the bite sized pieces to carry with me as I grab those while driving to office. Let me now share the recipe of Grilled Egg and Cheese Sandwich!Print
Easy grilled sandwich prepared with the goodness of Egg and cheese is just perfect for a Kid's Tiffin box of Kid's Lunch box for School!
- Brown Bread Slice: 6
- Egg: 1
- Cheese Slice: 2
- Butter: 1 Tsp. (can be substituted with any other spread)
- Tomato Ketchup: 1 Tbsp. (optional)
- Crushed Black Pepper: ¼ Tsp.
- Salt: ¼ Tsp.
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/making-of-Grilled-Egg-and-Cheese-Sandwich-300x217.jpg"][/url]
- Hard boil the Egg with plain water; this will take around 8 minutes.
- Pre-heat the Oven in 200 degree C for 10 minutes. In case not available with oven skip this step and the process of toasting the bread using a pan is given below.
- Crack the shell of the egg and using a food-grater grate the egg as shown in the picture.
- Mix crushed black pepper and salt with grated egg lightly using a spoon.
- Now butter the bread pieces. The butter has to be in room temperature.
- Place a 1 piece of bread in a plate and top it with 2 Tsp, or half of the egg mixture and spread properly.
- Now top the egg mixture with another piece of bread and then place a slice of cheese over it.
- Close the sandwich by placing another piece of bread.
- Now using a cookie cutter (I have used a star shaped cutter) cut the sandwich from the middle.
- Cut remaining into bite sized pieces.
- Now place all the pieces in a baking tray and grill for 10 minutes in 200 degree c. In case not available with an oven toast the sandwich using a frying pan for 2 minutes from both side until cheese melted from inside.
- Now top the sandwich with little tomato ketchup and pack it for the Kid’s Tiffin Box and small bite size pieces for yourself like I do!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Bread, Brunch
- Cuisine: World, indian