What is Happiness? To me, happiness is; when she appreciates my cooking without saying a single word but try to manage her portion of food on her own with her little fingers! When she tries to manage a spoon to take a small bite! Yes, that is what I called “Happiness.” On that thought let me share my Panna Cotta with Strawberry Coulis that was loved by her!
This post's not planned for today however, I am just tempted to share today’s incidence. It's a hectic day at the Just to release the stress I started preparing the table for clicking the pictures of the Panna Cotta that I've prepared last night. I Suddenly saw Pasta's trying to take something from the table! Initially, I thought she’s playing with my props as always but realised that she’s attracted towards the Red and White combination of my Panna Cotta with Strawberry Coulis! After 3-4 attempts, she finally succeeded to grab a glass and to my surprize she took it and went to our bed and started eating with her little fingers! OMG!!! Then I just handed over a spoon to her and she started eating the Panna Cotta!!!! What a pleasure! For me it's nothing but unspoken appreciation from my little one!
On this note let me share some more details of Panna Cotta crowned with Strawberry Coulis. Panna Cotta is a classical Italian dessert prepared with Milk and Cream and jellying agent for e.g. Gallatin or Agar Agar. Panna Cotta is actually creamy jellied Custard flavoured with a bit vanilla. Various flavours and Fruits can be used to enhance the flavour of Panna Cotta. Fruits are mostly served in a form of Sauce or Coulis. I personally love Panna Cotta with Strawberry Coulis not only for the taste but also for the amazing colour combination.
One of the best part of this dessert is, it is really unfussy to prepare Panna Cotta since it is prepared with some very basic ingredients and took little time to prepare. However, it took some hours to get set in the form of a Jelly and that period requires no intervention…so it can be prepared a night ahead any occasion and can be served with no hassle at all.Print
Panna Cotta is a classical Italian dessert prepared with Milk and Cream and jellying agent for e.g. Gelatin or Agar Agar Various flavours and Fruits can be used to enhance the flavour of Panna Cotta. Fruits are mostly served in a form of Sauce or Coulis.
For Panna Cotta:
- Full Cream Milk: 200 ml
- Full Fat Cream: 200 ml (I have used Amul Cream)
- Sugar: 3 tbsp
- Vanilla Essence: 2 tsp
- Unflavoured Gelatin: 1.5 teaspoon (Gelatin can be replaced with 2 tablespoon of Agar Agar)
- Water: 5 tbsp
For Strawberry Coulis:
- Strawberries: 10-15
- Sugar: 5 tbsp
- Lemon Juice: 2 tbsp
- Water: 6 tbsp
- Strawberries: 3-4
To make Panna Cotta:
- Take Milk, Cream and Vanilla essence in a Saucepan and cook on medium low flame till the mixture comes to a boil.
- Add Sugar to the Creamy milk and stir continuously to dissolve the Sugar. Switch the flame off.
- In a saucepan take Gelatin along with 5 tablespoon water and cook it on the medium flame for 1 minute or till Gelatin dissolves completely in water and switches the flame off.
- Now add the Gelatin water to Milk and mix properly using a spoon until Gelatin mixes properly with the milk.
- Pour the mixture into ramekins or in glasses and let it cool in room temperature.
- Now refrigerate Panna Cotta overnight or for 4-6 hours or till it sets completely.
To make Strawberry Coulis:
- Chop Strawberries roughly into small pieces.
- Take Sugar along with 6 tablespoon water in a pan and start cooking in medium flame to dissolve the sugar to make Sugar Syrup.
- Add chopped Strawberries in the Sugar Syrup and cook till the strawberries soften completely and release bright red color.
- Now add Lemon juice and cook for 2-3 minutes in low flame till the mixture turns a bit transparent.
- Let the mixture cool completely to room temperature and then blend the mixture in food processor to get semi-thick syrup.
- Refrigerate the Syrup for an hour before serving with the Panna Cotta.
De-molding the Panna Cotta and Serving:
- Panna Cotta can be served within the glass/ ramekin itself or can be served on a plate after de-molding it. If you want to de-mold it, you need to use a knife to run around the edges to unmold it from the glass.
- Spread Strawberry Coulis over Panna Cotta and garnish it with fresh Strawberries before serving!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: World
Dessert recipes apart from Panna Cotta with Strawberry Coulis from Debjanir Rannaghar:
- Rum and Raisin Ice Cream
- No Churn Fresh Cherry and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Banoffee Panna Cotta with Cherry Compote
- Pancakes topped with Dulce de Leche and Fresh Fruits
- Double Chocolate Rum Balls