Marry Me Chicken has become a viral sensation since it was first shared on the internet in 2022. This creamy, juicy chicken curry is cooked with sun-dried tomatoes, cheese, and other delicious ingredients, making it a delectable favorite.
- 500g Boneless Chicken
- 200g Sundried Tomatoes or Dried Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Garlic
- 50g fresh Parsley
- 200ml Fresh Cream
- 75g Cheese (I used Mozzarella)
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1.5 Tsp. Salt
- 1.5 Tsp. Chili Flakes
- 2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Oregano
- Use chicken breast for this recipe.
- Cut the Chicken Breast into thick pieces.
- Now marinate the chicken strips with 1 Tsp. each of the Salt and Black Pepper Powder.
- Meanwhile, chop the parsley.
- Now heat Olive Oil in a pan.
- Fry the marinated chicken in three batches.
- Fry one side for a maximum of one minute and flip to fry the other side.
- Fry just to the point the chicken changes color. Check the video for reference.
- Do not over-fry chicken.
- Strain fried chicken from the pan.
- Now add the butter to the pan and let it melt.
- Add chopped Garlic and saute till the garlic is browned.
- Now add half of the chopped Parsley and saute for a while.
- Now add the spices which are- Chili Flakes, Oregano, remaining Black Pepper, and Salt.
- After adding the spices give a thorough mix.
- Add Sun-dried Tomatoes and after mixing those mash with the back of the spatula a bit.
- Let those cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add 1/3 of the Chicken Stock.
- I use homemade chicken stock.
- After adding the stock cook on low flame till the tomatoes melt and the gravy thickens.
- Now add fresh Cream and stir vigorously to avoid curdling the cream.
- Once mixed add the remaining stock to dilute the mixture.
- Mix and bring it to a boil.
- Let the gravy thicken.
- It would take around 4 minutes.
- Now add fried chicken and give a thorough mix.
- Cook the chicken after flipping once or twice for 2 minutes.
- The chicken at this point will be cooked, soft but not chewy. This is very important. If you overcook chicken, it would be chewy.
- Now add Mozzarella Cheese and mix it.
- Finally, add the remaining Parsley, and after mixing switch the flame off.
- Serve Marry Me Chicken hot with your choice of Carbohydrate.
- You can coat the chicken pieces with all-purpose flour before frying them. I do not like to coat the chicken with flour for this recipe of marry me chicken. I prefer the chicken light, and the gravy smooth.
- I prefer to use Mozzarella cheese over Parmesan cheese. However, at times I top the MArry Me chicken with Parmesan.
- Sun-dried or Dried tomatoes are a must for this recipe. They give a tangy, smoky flavor.
- I prefer to use a mixture of fresh and dried spices. The choice is yours. Use whatever available.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 150g
- Calories: 475
- Sugar: 15.9g
- Sodium: 1697mg
- Fat: 27.1g
- Saturated Fat: 8.3g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Protein: 36.7g
- Cholesterol: 110mg
Keywords: Marry Me Chicken Recipe, Viral Marry Me Chicken Recipe, Marry Me Chicken Recipe Debjanir Rannaghar, Debjanir Rannaghar