As easy summer breakfast bar prepared with the goodness of strawberries and Oat; Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- Strawberry: 200g
- Whole Wheat Flour: 1 Cup
- Oats: 1 Cup
- Butter: 150g
- Milk: 1/2 Cup
- Honey: 6 Tbsp.
- Baking powder:1 Tsp.
- Salt: 1/2 Tsp.
- Chocolate Syrup: 3 Tbsp.
- [url href="https://cdn1.kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Making-Strawberry-Oatmeal-Bars.jpg"][/url]
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- Sift Whole Wheat flour along with baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add Oats, Honey, milk, and butter at room temperature and mix everything to make a sticky batter.
- Make a puree of half of the strawberries and mix it with the batter.
- Cut rest of the strawberries roughly and lightly fold with the batter. The batter must be semi-thick.
- Now take a baking pan and grease it.
- Pour the batter and tightly press over the pan.
- Pour 1 Tbsp. of Chocolate syrup and using a fork swirl it. This step is optional.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes at 150 degrees c followed by 10 minutes in 180 degrees C.
- Take the pan out and cool over a wire rack.
- Cut the Strawberry Oatmeal Bars into pieces and store in airtight container.
- Serve after drizzling chocolate syrup over the bars.
You can substitute butter with White oil, whole wheat flour with all-purpose flour and Honey with Sugar.
Texture plays an important role while making the Bars. These are nor cake neither and hence the texture must be in between.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Continental
- Serving Size: 50g
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 9.2
- Sodium: 135mg
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 19.7g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 21mg