Bangladeshi Chicken Roast, a rich gravy based chicken delicacy from Bangladesh; also known as Biyebarir Chicken Roast
- 1kg Chicken (A whole chicken to be cut into 4 pieces)
- 6 Onion
- 1.5 Tbsp. Ginger Paste
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic Paste
- 15 Green Chili
- 30 Cashew Nut
- 30 Raisin
- 2 Tbsp. Poppyseed/ Posto
- 200g Plain Curd
- 100g Mawa/ Khowa
- 50ml Fresh Cream/ Malai
- 1 Tsp. Kewra Water
- 1/4 Tsp. Mitha Itr
- 1 Tbsp. Tomato Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. Ghee
- 4 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tsp. Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Salt or to taste
Special Spice Mix:
- 4 Green Cardamom
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 2 inches Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Nutmeg
- 1 Mace (small)
- 1/2 Tsp. Sahi Jeera
- Wash and pat dry chicken pieces.
- Slit chicken pieces in between using a knife
- Rub 1/2 of the Garlic paste and 1/2 tsp. salt and leave the chicken chunks for 30 minutes.
- Make a powder of Green Cardamom, Black Cardamom, Cinnamon Stick, Nutmeg, Mace, and Sahi Jeera without roasting the spices.
- Soak Cashewnut, Raisin, and Poppyseed separately in water for 15 minutes and make a smooth paste of each item mentioned.
- Make a paste of 2 Onions.
- Slice the rest of the onions and fry half of the same to make Onion crisp or Beresta.
- Now take Curd along with Tomato Ketchup, spice powder, and Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder and make a thick paste.
- Heat oil in a deep bottom Pan and fry Chicken chunks from both sides in medium flame till the chicken turn light brown. Refer to the picture.
- Stain chicken pieces from the Oil.
- Add half of the Ghee to the oil used for frying the chicken.
- Now add both sliced and paste onion and cook till the onion turns brown.
- Add the Curd-spice mix, Cashewnut paste, Raisin paste, and Poppyseed paste to the mixture.
- Cook till oil separates.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, slit green chili along with salt and sugar and cook till the nutty aroma goes away and oil separates from the mixture.
- Now add fried chicken and mix thoroughly.
- cook for 20 minutes covering the pan with a lid on low flame.
- Flip the chicken pieces in between.
- No need to add extra water as Chicken will release water itself.
- However, water can be added if required.
- Once the chicken is cooked properly, add Mawa, Fresh cream, Kewra water, and Mitha Itr and mix lightly.
- Serve Bangladeshi chicken Roast hot with your choice of Roti or Rice.
- Frying chicken is optional but advisable if using Poultry Chicken.
- Either use Big Chicken chunks (roast pieces) or use whole small chicken.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Chicken
- Cuisine: Bengali
- Calories: 846
- Sugar: 35g
- Sodium: 1013mg
- Fat: 35.9g
- Saturated Fat: 8.6g
- Carbohydrates: 60.6g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Protein: 68.8g
- Cholesterol: 184mg
Keywords: Bangladeshi chicken roast recipe, biyebarir chicken roast recipe, Bengali chicken roast recipe, debjanir rannaghar