Bangladeshi Chicken Roast, a rich gravy based chicken delicacy from Bangladesh; also known as Biyebarir Chicken Roast
- Chicken: 1 Kg (A whole chicken to be cut into 4 pieces)
- Onion: 6
- Ginger Paste: 1.5 Tbsp.
- Garlic Paste: 2 Tbsp.
- Green Chili: 15
- CashewNut: 25-30
- Raisin Paste: 25-30.
- Poppyseed/ Posto: 2 Tbsp.
- Curd: 200 g.
- Mawa/ Khowa: 100g
- Fresh Cream/ Malai: 50ml
- Kewra Water: 1 Tsp.
- Mitha Itr: few drops.
- Tomato Ketchup: 1 Tbsp.
- Ghee: 2 Tbsp.
- Vegetable Oil: 4 Tbsp.
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Sugar: 1 Tbsp.
- Salt: to taste
Special Spice Mix:
- Green Cardamom: 4
- Black Cardamom: 1
- Cinnamon Stick: 2"
- Nutmeg: 1
- Mace: 1 (small)
- Sahi Jeera: 1/2 Tsp.
- [url href="https://cdn1.kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Untitled-14-1.jpg"][/url]
- Wash and pat dry chicken pieces.
- Slit chicken pieces in between using a knife
- Rub 1/2 of the Garlic paste and 1/2 tsp. salt and leave the chicken chunks for 30 minutes.
- Make a powder of Green Cardamom, Black Cardamom, Cinnamon Stick, Nutmeg, Mace and Sahi Jeera without roasting the spices.
- Soak Cashewnut, Raisin, and Poppyseed separately in water for 15 minutes and make a smooth paste of each item mentioned.
- Make a paste of 2 Onions.
- Slice rest of onions and fry half of the same to make Onion crisp or Beresta.
- Now take Curd along with Tomato Ketchup, spice powder and Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder and make a thick paste.
- Heat Oil in a deep bottom Pan and fry Chicken chunks from both sides in medium flame till the chicken turn light brown. Refer the picture.
- Stain chicken pieces from the Oil.
- Add half of the Ghee to the oil used for frying the chicken.
- Now add both sliced and paste onion and cook till the onion turns brown.
- Add the Curd-spice mix, Cashewnut paste, Raisin paste and Poppy seed paste to the mixture.
- Cook till oil separates.
- Add ginger garlic paste, slit green chili along with salt and sugar and cook till the nutty aroma goes away and oil separates from the mixture.
- Now add fried chicken and mix thoroughly.
- cook for 20 minutes covering the pan with a lid in low flame.
- Flip the chicken pieces in between.
- No need to add extra water as Chicken will release water itself.
- However, water can be added if required.
- Once the chicken cooked properly, add Mawa, Fresh cream, Kewra water, and Mitha Itr and mix lightly.
- Serve Bangladeshi chicken Roast hot with your choice of Roti or Rice.
Frying chicken is optional but advisable if using Poultry Chicken.
Either use Big Chicken chunks (roast pieces) else use whole small chicken.
- Category: Chicken
- Cuisine: Bengali