The famous Italian dessert Panna Cotta is boosted with the English flavors of Banoffee Pie; that is what my Banoffee Panna Cotta is all about.
To make the Banoffee Panna Cotta:
- 200ml Milk (1 Cup)
- 600ml Fresh Cream (3 Cup)
- 2 Tbsp. Powdered Gelatin (or China Grass 3 Tbsp.)
- 5 Tbsp. Sprig's Banoffee
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
To make the Cherry Compote:
- 15-20 Fresh Cherries (de-seeded)
- 1 Tsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 4-5 Whole Fresh Cherry
Banoffee Panna Cotta:
- Take 3 cups full of heavy cream in a bowl and start heating the same in medium flame. Whisk in between.
- Add Sugar and mix till the sugar dissolves.
- Now add 5 Tbsp. of Sprig's Banoffee to the mixture and mix to dissolve it. A manual whisk is really helpful for mixing.
- Switch the flame off.
- Take Gelatin of China Grass in a Bowl and Pour 1 Cup of lukewarm milk over it and leave the same for 5 minutes and mix thoroughly so that no lumps form.
- Now pour the gelatin mixture over the Cream and Banoffee mix and using a whisk mix thoroughly so that no lumps form.
- Using a strainer strain the mixture into serving bowls and fridge until the Panna Cotta set completely. It may take around 2-3 hours.
Fresh Cherry Compote:
- Take deseeded fresh cherry along with 1 Tsp. Lemon Juice and 1 Tbsp. of water in a pan and start cooking on low flame.
- Add Sugar and cook until the sugar dissolves and the compote thickens to desired consistency.
- It is preferred not to use a spoon while making the Compote to avoid sugar crystallization.
- The compote will turn bright red in color. Switch the flame off.
- Cool down the Fresh Cherry Compote and fridge it for further use.
Garnishing the Banoffee Panna Cotta with Fresh Cherry Compote:
- Once the Banoffee Panna Cotta set completely spoon one tbsp. of Fresh Cherry Compote over it and garnish with a Cherry and serve the Banoffee Panna Cotta with Fresh Cherry Compote chilled.
- I have used 25% fresh cream; in case you are going to use full cream replace 1 cup cream with 1 cup of milk.
- The Sugar and Banoffee are to be adjusted as per taste while making the Panna Cotta. I prefer the sugar on the lighter side.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Continental
- Serving Size: 175g
- Calories: 319
- Sugar: 27.4g
- Sodium: 221mg
- Fat: 16.6g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 37.2g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
Keywords: banoffee panna cotta recipe, banoffee, panna cotta, debjanir rannaghar