To make the Tart Base:
- All Purpose Flour: 350 g (2.5 Cup)
- Unsalted Butter: 200 g
- Salt: 1.2 Tsp.
- Powdered Sugar: 1 Tbsp.
- Iced chilled Water: 120 ml (2/3 Cup) (to be used based on requirement)
To make the Tart Filling:
- Whipped Cream / Heavy Cream: 250 ml
- Cream Cheese: 150g
- Castor Sugar: 100g
- Vanilla Essence: 4-5 Drops
- Strawberries: 400g
- Cut Butter into small cubes and refrigerate for 30 minutes. I prefer to place it in a deep fridge.
- Take All Purpose Flour along with the Salt and shift it twice and then keep in a refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place the Bowl to be used for making the Tart crust and mixing attachment of the mixer.
- I use a hand mixer to make the pie crust) along with a fork in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In half cup chilled water add 2-3 ice cubes and deep fridge that for 10 minutes.
- Now take the Flour and mix powdered sugar to it and fold lightly.
- Add chilled butter chunks in the bowl and using the chilled fork start cutting the butter chunks. Mix with the All-Purpose Flour until the butter chunks break into peanut-size pieces and the mixture turns into a crumbly mix.
- Place the mixture in the deep fridge for 10 minutes again and then take it out.
- Add little ice cold water to it. Start adding by 1 Tbsp. first and mix using the hand mixer and add little more water again knead.
- I ended on kneading after adding around ½ Cup ice chilled water and it is better to not to add extra water or the knead extra.
- There should be little peanut sized butter chunks visible in the Tart crust once the kneading is finished.
- Wrap the Crust with cling film and place it in the deep fridge for around 30 minutes before baking it.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.[url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Strawberry-Tart-2.jpg"][/url]
- Using a Rolling Pin roll the Crust into half-inch thick flattened round crust sheet and place that carefully over the Tart mold for which I have used the Tupperware Queen Silicone mold.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees C and after baking cool it on a wire rack before filling the same with the tart filling.
- Filling the Tart and Decoration:[url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Strawberry-Tart-3.jpg"][/url]
- Refrigerate both Heavy Cream and Cream Cheese for 2-3 Hours before using those.
- Now take the Heavy cream in a big bowl and using the whipping attachment of the mixer (I have used a hand mixer) beat the cream until stiff pick formed.
- Take the Cream cheese in another bowl and using the same attachment cream it and it will take around 5 minutes if a hand mixer is used.
- Add Castor sugar and Vanilla essence and mix properly.
- Now start adding the Whipped cream in the smaller portions to the Cream Cheese mixture and fold lightly.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Now cut strawberries in the desired shape or you can use whole strawberries. I have used both.
- Now top the baked Tart base with the cream mixture and using a spatula flattened the same and decorate the tart with the strawberries and refrigerate before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: World