Kulfi is famous milk-based Indian Ice cream loaded with nuts and flavored with saffron
- Full Cream Milk: 500 ml
- Khowa / Mawa / Solidified Milk: 500 g
- Rice Flour: 3 Tbsp.
- Pistachios: 15-20
- Almond: 10
- Saffron Strand: few
- Green Cardamom: 3
- Keora Water: 2-3 drops
- Sugar: 8 Tbsp.
- Salt: 1/4 Tsp.
- Faluda Sev: 1 Cup
- Rose Syrup: 2 Tbsp.
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Making-of-Kulfi-300x240.jpg"][/url]
- Chop Almond and Pistachios and keep those aside.
- Grate Khowa / solidified milk and grate it and keep aside.
- Now take milk in a deep bottom pan and start boiling it in medium flame along with salt.
- Keep 4-5 Tbsp. of milk separated and mix Rice flour with the milk and mix vigorously so that no lump formed.
- Keep boiling remaining milk until that reduced to half.
- Now mix rice flour mixture with the milk and mix that well using a spatula.
- Add grated Khowa and mix it properly with the milk.
- Keep cooking over medium flame.
- At this point mix chopped Almond and Pistachios and after mixing properly add sugar to the mixture.
- Now add Crushed Green Cardamom, crushed saffron, and Keora water to the mixture and keep mixing everything.
- Boiling the milk, the color of Khowa and Saffron will give the mixture a natural creamy yellow color.
- Now switch the flame off and using a ladle fill molds with the mixture.
- seal the top either with a cap or with aluminum foil.
- Fridge Kulfi in the deep fridge for 2-3 hours or until set completely.
- Using a spoon or knife de-mold Kulfi and serve it after sprinkling some Rose syrup and Faluda Sev (if available).
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Category: Ice Cream
- Cuisine: Indian