For Making butter and Buttermilk:
- Heavy Cream: 500g
- Chilled Water: 200 ml
- Butter: ¼ Tsp.
- Residue Water from Butter: 200 ml
- Curry Leaves: 2-3
- Asafoetida: 1 pinch
- Lemon Juice: 1 Tbsp.
- Salt: ½ Tsp.
- Chilled Water: 1 Cup
Making of Butter and Extracting Buttermilk:
- [url href="https://cdn1.kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Homemade-Butter-and-Buttermilk2.jpg"][/url]
- Extracting Cream from Boiled Milk and Storing the Cream:
- Extract Creevery dayBoiled Milk everyday 10-15 days depending upon the amount of milk available each day.
- I purchase 1.5-liter milk for 2 days and store the cream coming from that milk for 15 days in Deep-Freezer to make Butter or Ghee.
- Normal Heavy Cream available in the market can also be used for making Butter at home.
- Refrigerate Cream before churning for around 30 minutes. If the Cream was stored in Deep-Fridge then keep it in normal freezer shelf for few hours before use.
- Start churning the Cream either using the food processor or with the help of hand mixer by using the whisking attachment.
- It took me 4 minutes of Whipping in Food processor to churn the Cream. You need to whip the cream until you see butter coming from the cream.
- Add 1 Cup of Chilled water and again whip for around 1 minute and you will see butter separating from the water.
- Strain Buttermilk using a Strainer and Keep that aside.
- Take Ice cold water in a bowl and using your hand make ball of butter by extracting the water as much as possible and place Butter balls in ice-cold water for 1 minute.
- Take Butter out of cold water and store for future use.
- This step is optional but I love to flavour my Buttermilk to serve it as a delicious drink.
- In a Wok add ¼ Tsp. of Butter and temper that with Asafoetida and Chopped Curry Leaves and add that tempering to the Buttermilk.
- Add some Chilled Water if required.
- Add Salt and Lime Juice to Buttermilk and mix properly.
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes before serving.