- Paneer/ Cottage Cheese: 200 g
- Plain Yogurt/Curd: 100 g (3/4 Cup)
- Fresh cream: 50 ml (around 3-4 Tbsp.)
- Onion: 2 (Big Size)
- Ginger garlic paste: 2 Tsp.
- Green Chili: 3-4
- Cashew nuts: 25g (around 20-25)
- Poppy seed: 2 Tbsp.
- Bay leaf -1
- Cloves: 2
- Cinnamon stick: 1/2 inch piece
- Shahi Jeera: 1/2 Tsp.
- White pepper powder: 1 Tsp.
- Bengali Garam masala: 1 Tsp.
- Green Cardamom powder: 1/4 Tsp.
- Sugar: 1 Tsp.
- Salt: to taste
- Kewra water/ Pandanus water: 1 Tsp.
- Ghee: 1 Tbsp.
- Vegetable Refined Oil: 2 Tbsp.
A Little preparation before Cooking!
- Cut Paneer into small cubes and soak Paneer cubes in lukewarm water along with ½ Tsp. salt for 15 minutes before cooking.
- Soak Cashew Nut and Poppy Seeds separately in lukewarm water for around 30 minutes.
- Make a smooth paste of both Cashew Nut and Poppy Seed after soaking those properly. I always make both the paste separately since Poppy seed paste requires extra cooking time than Cashew Nut paste.
- Boil Onions after removing the skin for 6-8 minutes and remove from heat and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Make a smooth paste of Boiled Onions. Onions required being cooled completely before making the paste.
Making of Shahi Paneer Korma!
- Take Oil and Ghee in a Deep bottom pan and heat properly and then temper the oil with Bay leaf Cloves, Cinnamon stick, and Shahi Jeera.
- Add boiled Onion Paste to the tempering and cook for around 3-4 minutes in medium flame.
- Add Ginger-Garlic Paste and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame until oil separates a bit.
- Now add Poppy Seed Paste and cook for 2-3 minutes and then add Cashew Nut Paste and mix properly.
- Add Chopped Green Chilies.
- Add beaten Curd to the mixture and cook on low flame till oil separates a bit.
- Stir in between and add a little water if required.
- Now add White pepper powder, Bengali Garam Masala, Green Cardamom powder, Sugar, and Salt and mix properly.
- Add 2 Cups of water and bring the mixture to boil and stir properly to mix all the ingredients.
- Now add Paneer Cubes and cook for around 3-4 minutes and add Fresh Cream in between the cooking.
- Switch the flame off and add Kewra Water to the gravy and give it a careful mix.
- Give Shahi Paneer Korma a.k.a Mughlai Paneer Korma a rest of 5 minutes before serving!