This Easy Indian Chicken Curry is a great recipe for beginners, perfect for a quick and easy meal. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a delicious and hearty chicken curry in no time!
- 750g Chicken (curry-cut)
- 3 Onions
- 1 Tomato
- 4 Tbsp. Mustard Oil
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp. Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp. Meat Masala
- 150ml plain curd (or Yogurt)
- 3 Tbsp. Mustard Oil
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 Red Chili
- 4 Green Cardamom
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- 2-3 cloves
Spices needed While Cooking
- 1 Tsp. Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger Paste
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp. Garam Masala
- Wash, clean, and pat-dry chicken pieces.
- Marinade chicken pieces with 1 Tsp. Salt, 1 Tsp. Turmeric Powder, 1 Tsp. Kashmiri Red Chili Powder and 1 Tsp. Meat Masala.
- Add 150ml plain curd or yogurt as well.
- In addition, add 3 Tbsp. Mustard Oil.
- Mix the chicken with all the spices and keep the chicken marinated for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is getting marinated make a puree with 3 onions and 1 tomato in a mixer grinder.
- Before making the puree cut the onion and tomatoes roughly.
Making Chicken Curry
- Heat 4 Tbsp. Mustard Oil in a pan.
- Once heated, temper the oil with 2 Bay leaves, 2 Red Chili, 4 Green Cardamom, 2 small cinnamon sticks, and 2-3 cloves.
- Once the tempering started to emit an aroma, add 1 Tsp. Sugar and let it be caramelized.
- Add the Onion and Tomato Puree.
- Mix and cook for 5 minutes on low flame till the mixture turns golden in color.
- Add 1 Tbsp. Ginger Paste and 1 Tbsp. Garlic Paste as well.
- Mix and cook for 2 minutes or till there is no raw aroma.
- The mixture will start releasing oil from the edges at this point.
- Keep the flame low.
- Now add Marinated Chicken and mix to incorporate spices.
- Increase the flame Keep stirring and cook for 5 minutes.
- Cover the pan with a lid and keep the flame medium and cook for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid and you will see the chicken has released moisture.
- Now add 1.5 cups hot water and mix.
- Add hot water again to completely cover the chicken.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes on a slow flame.
- Open the lid after 15 minutes and check whether the chicken is cooked or not.
- Now on high flame cook for around 5 minutes to thicken the gravy.
- Add 1 Tsp. Garam Masala and adjust salt and spice if needed.
- Switch the flame off.
- Give the chicken curry a standing time of 10 minutes before serving.
- This Chicken Curry Recipe is perfect for beginners. It is a fuss-free and easy-to-follow recipe.
- The onion-tomato paste, spices, and meat masala all work together to create a robust flavor.
- Some prefer a runny chicken curry while some prefer a bit thick gravy Depending on your need you can cook for 2 more minutes to thicken the gravy after adding Garam Masala.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 200g
- Calories: 450
- Sugar: 6.9g
- Sodium: 591mg
- Fat: 22.1g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3g
- Carbohydrates: 4.8g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 46.1g
- Cholesterol: 117mg
Keywords: Easy indian chicken curry recipe, quick chicken curry recipe, chicken curry recipe for beginners, debjanir rannaghar chicken curry recipe with meat masala, debjanir rannaghar