Juicy, soft, and flavorful, this Orange and Herb Roasted Chicken and vegetable recipe is very easy to make and ideal for lunch/ dinner
- 1 Whole Chicken (with Skin) (Around 700g dressed chicken)
- 2 Orange
- 5 Baby Potato
- 5 Baby Carrot
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Broccoli
- 100g Mushroom
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 5 Shallot/ Mini Onion
- 30g Parsley Curls (1/2 cup)
- 1 Tbsp. Rosemary
- 3 sticks Lemon Grass
- 1 Tsp. Thyme (I did not have fresh)
- 20 Garlic (10 Minced + 10 peeled)
- 1.5 Tsp. Salt or to taste
- 1 Lime (Big)
- 1 Tbsp. Black Pepper Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Tsp. Onion Powder
- Wash and pat dry the chicken with the skin on.
- Make a paste with Black Pepper Powder, little salt, onion powder, minced garlic, and also Lime juice and rub it over the chicken and also inside the inner cavity.
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash veggies and cut Bell Pepper, zucchini, and broccoli into big chunks.
- Wash and cut Mushrooms as well.
- You do not need to cut or peel the Potatoes or baby Carrots.
- Remove the Onion skin.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- Heat Olive Oil in a pan and saute the veggies for 5 minutes along with salt and black pepper.
- Now take an oven-safe tray and place the chicken in the middle.
- Cut Oranges into halves and squeeze the juice.
- Fill the chicken cavity with half of the Orange rinds along with parsley, rosemary, lemongrass, and thyme.
- Tie both legs with the help of lemongrass.
- Now place all the veggies in the tray.
- There will be some gravy in the tray coming from the veggies. Pour that over the chicken and veggies.
- Pour the juice over the chicken and veggies and place the rinds along with the veggies.
- Now place the tray in the middle rack of the oven and slow-roast at 150-160 degrees C for 1.5 Hours.
- For initial twenty minutes roast the chicken by covering the tray with a piece of aluminum foil.
- After every fifteen minutes brush the chicken and veggies with melted butter and keep the roasting on and remove it after that.
- Once done switch the oven off.
- Cut the knot and remove the spice from the cavity and serve the roast hot with the veggies.
- There will be ample moisture in the tray. Serve the gravy as it is or thicken it over the stove before serving it separately.
- If Shallot is not available; cut a normal onion into four pieces and use.
- The same is applicable to baby potatoes and baby carrots.
- If fresh lemongrass is not available use a kitchen twig to tie the chicken. However, lemongrass enhances the flavor a lot.
- I prefer small Chicken instead of a bigger one as I have a family unit of OTG at home and also small chicken (around 750g) makes the roast way better tender and juicy.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 90min
- Category: Chicken
- Method: roasting
- Cuisine: Continental
- Serving Size: 150g
- Calories: 496
- Sugar: 11.8g
- Sodium: 638mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 5.2g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 7.1g
- Protein: 46.8g
- Cholesterol: 131mg
Keywords: chicken roast recipe, Orange and Herb Roasted Chicken and Vegetables recipe, roasted chicken recipe, christmas chicken roast recipe