Aam Kasundi Murgi aka Bengali Style Chicken in Mango Mustard Sauce is a tangy chicken curry prepared with green mango and mustard sauce.
- 1 Kg Chicken (curry cut, medium size pieces)
- 6-7 Tbsp. Aam Kasundi/ Mango Mustard Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp. Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 8-10 Green Chili
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 4 Tbsp. Mustard Oil
- Wash Chicken chunks thoroughly under running water and pat dry before marinating with the spices.
- Marinate Chicken with Aam Kasundi, 1 Tbsp. Garlic Paste, Turmeric Powder, Kashmiri Red Chili Powder and Green Chili and 1 Tbsp. Mustard oil for 8 hours.
- Heat remaining Mustard oil in a pan.
- Add garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Now add marinated chicken with the spices and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook on low flame until the chicken softens. This will take around 20 minutes.
- Now add one cup boiling water and cook till you have the chicken curry with semi-thick gravy.
- Add 1/2 Tsp. Mustard Oil and give the curry a mix and switch the flame off.
- Serve Aam Kasundi Murgi with steamed rice.
- To make Aam Kasundi at Home: Use the recipe.
- Aam Kasundi Substitute:
If Aam Kasundi is not available take one green mango and grate it and add the same along with 6 Tbsp. normal Kasundi to the chicken.
- If Normal Kasundi is not available, take the green mango along with 3 green chilies, 50g Mustard seed, and 1 tbsp. sugar and 5 cloves of garlic and make a paste. This can be used instead of kasundi.
- Prep Time: 8 hours
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Bengali
- Serving Size: 150g
- Calories: 407
- Sugar: 5.7g
- Sodium: 594mg
- Fat: 16.9g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7g
- Carbohydrates: 10.7g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 50.8g
- Cholesterol: 128mg
Keywords: Aam kasundi murgi recipe, bengali kasundi murgi recipe, bengali murgir jhol recipe, bengali chicken curry recipe, aam kasundi murgi recipe debjanir rannaghar