Bengali Gur diye Topa Kul ar Tomato Chatni or Tomato and Jujube Chutney/ Relish with Jaggery
- Ripe Topa Kul / Jujube: 150g
- Tomato: 200g
- Gur/ Jaggery: 200g
- Panch Phoron/ Bengali Five Spices: 1/2 Tsp.
- Panch Phoron Powder: 1/4 Tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: 1/4 Tsp.
- Dried Red Chili: 1-2
- Salt: 1/2 Tsp.
- Mustard Oil: 1 Tbsp.
- [url href="https://cdn1.kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Kuler-chatni-making.jpg"][/url]
- Cut each Tomato into 4 pieces.
- Wash and pat dry the ripe Topa Kul / jujube.
- Using your hand press the jujubes to tear the skin or use a fork tear the Jujubes. This will help to cook from the inside as well.
- Now heat the oil in a pan and temper it with Panch Phoron and Red Chilli.
- Add chopped tomatoes and semi-mashed (with the seed intact within) Jujubes and give a thorough stir.
- Start cooking on low flame covering the pan till the Tomato and Jujube soften for around 5-7 minutes.
- Add salt, Panch Phoron Powder, and Jaggery and mix thoroughly.
- Cook until the Jaggery molten and the Gur diye Topa Kul ar Tomato Chatni turns runny.
- Once done, switch the flame off and serve the Chutney at the end of the meal along with Rice once cooled completely.
- This can be stored in the refrigerator for around 10 days.
Jaggery can be replaced with equal amount of Sugar.
You can add a few Raisin if want to.
You can escape the Panch Phoron Powder.
- Category: Pickle
- Cuisine: Bengali
- Serving Size: 50g
- Calories: 172
- Sodium: 399mg
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 37.8g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg