A signature Punjabi delicacy of Paneer with a gravy of butter, tomatoes and spices; Paneer Makhanwala is a must have for sure
- Paneer: 250 g
- Tomato: 4
- Ginger Paste: 1 Tsp.
- Garlic Paste: 1.5 Tsp.
- Cashew Nut: 75 g
- Fresh Cream: 50 ml
- Butter: 1 Tbsp.
- Kasuri Methi: 1 Tsp.
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Garam Masala Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 Tsp.
- Sugar: 1 Tsp.
- Salt: to taste
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Making-of-Paneer-Makhanwala-300x300.jpg"][/url]
- Soak Cashew Nut in water for 15 minutes and make a thick but smooth paste of Cashew Nuts.
- Make a smooth paste of Tomatoes and keep that aside.
- Cut Paneer into Cubes.
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Making-of-Paneer-Makhanwala-1-300x188.jpg"][/url]
- Take Butter in a deep bottom pan and heat it.
- Add Tomato paste to the butter and start cooking in low flame until the raw aroma of tomato goes completely and butter leaves the side of the pan. Stir in between.
- Add Ginger and Garlic paste and cook for around 2-3 minutes more.
- Add Turmeric Powder, Garam Masala Powder, Salt and Sugar to the gravy and give a thorough mix.
- Now add Cashew nut paste and cook till the rawness of cashew nut goes completely. This will take around 5-7 minutes in low flame.
- If required add ½ cup water to the gravy.
- Now add crushed Kasuri Methi mix it properly.
- Add fresh Cream and using a spatula smooth it and mix properly with the gravy and add 1/2 cup of water to it.
- Add Paneer chunks and cook for 5 minutes and reduce the gravy based on your preference. Ideally, it should be medium thick.
- Switch the flame off and serve Paneer Makhanwala with your choice of Bread or Rice.
Soak Paneer in hot water for 15 minutes to make it soft.
You can skip adding Garlic in case wanted to make a No onion no Garlic version of the dish
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Side Dish, Paneer
- Cuisine: North Indian