- Peel of Bottle Gourd: 1 Cup (peeled from a medium size Bottle Gourd)
- Peel of Potato: 1 Cup (Peeled from 3-4 Potatoes)
- Poppy Seed: 1 Tsp.
- Nigella Seed/ Kalojire/ Kalonji: ½ Tsp.
- Dry Red Chili: 1
- Green Chili: 1-2
- Sugar: ½ Tsp.
- Salt: ½ Tsp.
- Mustard Oil: 1 Tbsp.
- Peel Bottle Gourd and Potatoes with extra flesh on and use the main veggies in some other dish.
- Take the pieces of Peel and cut into long strips or julienned slices.
- Wash peel strips under running water 2-3 time.
- Now heat Mustard oil in a pan and temper the oil with Dried Red Chili, Whole Poppy Seed, and Nigella Seed.
- Add Peel strips to the tempering and add Salt and Sugar and mix it thoroughly.
- Add slit green chilies and cover the pan with a lid and cook in medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Stir in between.
- Switch the flame off and take the Stir-fried veggies out in a bowl. Serve this with Hot steamed rice and Dal.
Adding Sugar is optional, but this is how this dish is prepared at my place.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Bengali