Mourola Maacher Tel Chorchori Kacha Aam Diye, a Bengali mishmash-like curry cooked with raw mangoes and Freshwater small fish Mourola Maach, this dish is perfect for a summer meal. The tangy flavors of the mangoes pair perfectly with the fish, making it a delicious and refreshing dish.
- 250g Mourola Maach/ Morola Maach
- 1 Green Mango
- 1 Onion
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 4 Green Chilies
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 5 Tbsp. Mustard Oil
- 1/2 Tsp. Fenugreek Seed/ Methi dana
- 2 Dry Red Chili
- 1.5 Tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 Tsp. Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Mustard Paste
- 1 Tsp. Sugar
- 1.5 Tsp. Salt
Cleaning Morola Maach
- After washing the Mourola Maach under running water, press the belly portion and let the inner portions pop out.
- This way you will remove the discards from small fish very easily.
- By doing this, you will be able to clean the fish more efficiently and avoid wasting any of the edible parts.
- Check the Video to understand the process.
- Once cleaned, wash the fish under running water before marinating those.
- Marinate clean and dressed Mourola Maach with 1 Tsp. Salt and 1 Tsp. Turmeric Powder.
- After marinating keep the fish for 10 minutes at room temperature before frying those.
Preparation for Mourola Maacher Tel Chorchori Kacha Aam Diye
- Remove the skin of one Green Mango and cut it into long slices.
- Discard the seed if present.
- Cut Green Chillies mid-way through.
- Chop One Onion into long slices.
- Chop Garlic Cloves too.
- Mix 5 Tbsp. water with the Mustard Paste to dilute it.
- Heat 3 Tbsp. Mustard Oil in a Pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 Tsp. each of Salt And Turmeric Powder.
- Mix the spices with the Oil. Doing this helps to fry the fish without breaking those.
- Fry the fish in three small batches.
- It will take 2 minutes per batch to fry the fish properly on a medium flame.
- Once fried strain from the pan and fry the remaining fish.
- Now add 1 Tbsp. Mustard oil to the pan and heat it.
- Temper the Oil with 2 Dry Red Chilies after removing the stem and /2 Tsp. Methi Dana (Fenugreek Seed).
- Now add chopped Onion.
- Lightly saute the Onion, do not brown it.
- Now add chopped Garlic and mix it.
- Add Raw Mango slices to the pan.
- Mix the mangoes and let them cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Add 1 Tsp. Salt. Add 1/4 Tsp. Turmeric Powder.
Now add 1/4 Tsp. Red Chili Powder as well.
- Mix and keep cooking.
- Now add 1 Tbsp. Mustard Paste diluted with 4 Tbsp. Water after straining it.
- Add 2 Green Chilies after slicing those.
- Add half of the chopped Cilantro as well.
- Now add 1 Tsp. Sugar and mix.
- Cook till the mixture releases oil from the edges and the mangoes soften.
- Add 1 cup water and let it boil.
- Now add fried Mourola Maach Lightly fold and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 Tbsp. Mustard Oil and mix.
- Mourola Maach'er Kancha Aam diye Tel Chorchori is ready!
- At times, we prefer the Mourolar Chorchori a bit runny!
- To do that add 1 Cup of water at this point and cook for a minute and switch the flame off!
- To make the Morola Mach'er Chorchori more spicy and flavorful add 2 Green Chillies and Cilantro and serve it hot with steamed rice!
- Roughly chop the Cilantro as well. Cilantro is optional however, I love the combination of cilantro and green mango when cooked with freshwater small fish mourola.
- You can completely skip it or increase it depending on how sweet or sour the mango is.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Fish
- Method: cooking
- Cuisine: Bengali
- Serving Size: 75g
- Calories: 213
- Sugar: 9.7g
- Sodium: 763mg
- Fat: 13.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrates: 13.1g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 11.4g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
Keywords: Mourola Maacher Chorchori, Mourola Maacher Chorchori Kancha aam diye, mourola maach recipe, how to clean mourola maach