Shojne Phuler Chorchori is a tasty vegetarian and vegan Bengali side dish made with Moringa Flowers, Potato, Eggplant, and Green Peas as the main ingredients.
- 200g Shojne Phul aka Moringa Flower
- 2 Potatoes
- 1/2 Eggplant
- 1 Green Tomato (if not available use normal red tomato)
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 6-8 Green Chilies
- 1/2 Tsp. Panch Phoron
- 2 Dry Red Chili
Spices and Oil
- 1 Tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 3 Tbsp. Mustard Oil
- Wash and clean Moringa Flowers properly just before cooking the chorchori.
- Peel the skin and cut the potatoes into small cubes.
- Cut Eggplant into small cubes as well without removing the skin.
- Take a big Green Tomato and finely chop it. I do not prefer a paste of tomato while making hte chorchori.
- If not available, use a red tomato, however, green tomato not only enhances the flavor but also gives an amazing color to this dish.
- Now make a paste of 2 Green Chillies and cut the other into halves.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. Mustard Oil in a pan.
- Temper the oil with Dry red Chillies and Panch Phoron aka Bengali five spices.
- Add Potato Chunks followed by 1/4 Tsp. Salt and 1/4 Tsp. Turmeric Powder.
- Fry the Potatoes till they are 1/2 done.
- This should take around 5-8 minutes depending on the quality of the potato.
- Now add Eggplant cubes and fry those along with the potatoes.
- Once the eggplant started softening, add Green tomatoes and Green Peas.
- After adding those add the remaining salt, and turmeric powder along with the green chili paste.
- Add chopped green Chilies as well and give it a thorough mix.
- At this point add Moringa Flowers aka Shojne Phul to the mixture and give it a thorough mix.
- Now cover the pan with a lid and cook on low flame for around 10 minutes.
- By this time the tomatoes and eggplant will completely soften; the flowers will be soggy; the potato and green peas will be well-cooked yet in shape.
- Now add 1 Tbsp. Raw Mustard Oil and give a thorough mix.
- If needed adjust the salt.
- Serve Shojne Phuler Chorchori hot with steamed rice and plain Masoor Daal.
- Using a green tomato is optional; you can use red tomato as well. However, it gives an amazing color as well as an earthy taste to the dish.
- Instead of mustard oil, you can use other oil however, the ideal is mustard oil.
- Instead of green chilies, you can use chili powder.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Bengali
- Serving Size: 75g
- Calories: 141
- Sugar: 3.6g
- Sodium: 396mg
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9g
- Carbohydrates: 17.3g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Shojne Phuler Chorchori recipe, Shojne Phool recipe, Moringa Flower recipe, debjanir rannaghar, Bengali food blogger, Bengali food blog