Shrimp and Spinach in Cream Sauce is a quick and easy low-carb recipe of shrimp that can be cooked within 20 minutes. This is an extremely flavorful Shrimp curry cooked with Spinach.
- 500g Shrimp
- 250g Spinach (3 cups)
- 1 Onion (or 1 Tbsp. Onion Powder)
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Paste/mince
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 Tsp. Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Tsp. Dried Parsley (or 1 Tsp. Fresh Parsley)
- 1 Tsp. Dried Thyme (or 1 Tsp. Fresh Parsley)
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Salted Butter
- 200ml Fresh Cream
- You can use the Shrimp with the tail on or off. I prefer using them dressed.
- Marinate Shrimp with 1/2 Tsp. Salt, 1 Tsp. Black Pepper Powder and 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice.
- Keep the Shrimp marinated for 10 minutes.
- Chop the Spinach roughly.
- Chop Onion as well.
- Now melt the butter in a pan.
- Add Shrimp and fry for a minute.
- Now add Chopped Onion.
- Cook on high flame for 2 minutes.
- The Shrimp as well as the Onion will release a lot of moisture by this time and both will turn pink.
- Now add the remaining Garlic Powder and also the Garlic Paste and cook for 3 minutes after mixing everything.
- Now strain the prawns onto a plate.
- Add chopped Spinach and adjust the spices.
- Cover with a lid and cook till the Spinach soften.
- This will take around 8 minutes.
- Now add the Cream after mixing it with a spoon.
- If needed add 1/4 cup water to dilute the mixture.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and then add the fried Shrimp.
- Now add Parsley as well as thyme and mix.
- Cook on high flame for 2 minutes and switch the flame off.
- Serve it hot with Steamed Rice or Pasta.
- Instead of Shrimp, you can use prawns.
- You can use Baby Spinach instead of normal Spinach.
- Fresh cream can be replaced with coconut milk as a non-dairy option.
- If using unsalted butter, adjust the salt accordingly.
- Prep Time: 10min
- Cook Time: 15min
- Category: Shrimp, Side
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Continental
- Serving Size: 125g
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 2.4g
- Sodium: 805mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Carbohydrates: 7.1g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 26.2g
- Cholesterol: 240mg
Keywords: Shrimp and Spinach in Cream Sauce recipe, Shrimp and spinach in cream sauce recipe, creamy Shrimp and Spinach recipe, Easy Shrimp and Spinach in cream sauce recipe, debjanir rannaghar