This Butter Garlic Prawn recipe is a favorite of mine! Oh yes, I am talking about the good dose of butter, a lot of garlic and a lot of fresh herbs, and for sure fresh prawns! This recipe just cannot go wrong!
- 500g Prawns (or Shrimps) (see recipe card for a few tips and more)
- 75g Butter
- 20 cloves Garlic
- 60g Fresh Parsley (1 cup)
- 4 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Red Chili Flakes
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Rock Salt
- I prefer to use medium-sized prawns with the skin and tail on for this recipe. Check notes for further detail.
- Clean the prawns if they are not already.
- Now marinade the prawns with salt, black pepper, and also lemon juice for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make a mince of the garlic cloves.
- Finely chop parsley as well.
- Now heat 2/3 of the butter in a skillet.
- Add chopped garlic and fry those for a minute.
- Now add the marinated prawns and fry for 2 minutes.
- While adding the prawns do not add the liquid. Keep it for later use.
- Once fried, add chopped parsley, chili flakes, and rock salt and give a light mix and fry for a minute.
- Now add the liquid and on high heat fry for a minute.
- Lastly, add the remaining butter and mix it properly.
- Switch the flame off and serve the butter garlic Prawn after sprinkling some fresh parsley if you have those.
- Keep the cooking time 5-6 minutes in total after adding the prawns. Do not overcook prawns if you wish to eat buttery soft prawns.
- I prefer using prawns with the tail on (but deveined). This way I get some extra cooking time.
- In case you are using completely dressed prawns, cook till it changes color to light pink.
- For a low-calorie version, use olive oil instead of butter. Just don't call it butter garlic prawns then!
- You can use olive oil and butter in 1:1 proportion. I do that once in a while.
- I use salted butter for this recipe. If you plan to use unsalted butter, adjust the salt accordingly.
- Rock salt is completely optional and can be replaced with normal salt. I however, like the twist.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Continental
- Serving Size: 150g
- Calories: 318
- Sugar: 0.7g
- Sodium: 964mg
- Fat: 17.8g
- Saturated Fat: 10.5g
- Carbohydrates: 8.8g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 30.3g
- Cholesterol: 304mg
Keywords: butter garlic prawn recipe, butter garlic shrimp recipe, debjanir rannaghar, butter garlic prawns