Sinful Gondhoraj Lebu and Coconut Pudding with Gondhoraj Lebu Compote. The balance between Coconut Milk and Gondhoraj Lime makes this dessert one of its kind. This is a simple 4 ingredients coconut pudding with Lime sauce recipe!
To make the coconut pudding
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- 3 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Agar agar
To make the Gondhoraj Lebu Compote
- 3 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Lime Zest
- 5-6 pieces of a lime cut into thin rounds (for decoration)
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
Making the Coconut Pudding
- Take 350ml Coconut milk in a saucepan and cook it on low flame.
- Add sugar and mix with a spoon.
- Cook for 2 minutes and vigorously stir.
- Now add agar agar and mix continuously to avoid lump forming.
- Once thicken switch the flame off.
- This will take around 1 minute after adding the agar agar.
- Even after switching off the flame, keep stirring.
- Now strain the mixture and with the help of a spoon smoothen the lumps if any and mix it properly.
- Transfer the mixture to the molds.
- Set those in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Making the Goldhoraj Lebu aka Lime Compote
- Take Lime juice in a pan and switch the flame on.
- Once started bubbling; add 100ml water and mix.
- Now add 2 tbsp. Sugar and mix and cook till the compote thickens.
- Lastly, add half of the lime zest and switch the flame off.
- Fridge the sauce as well.
Coconut Pudding with Gondhoraj Lebu Compote - serving suggestion
- Depending on the type of mold you are using the serving will change.
- If you plan to de-mold the coconut pudding; do it over the serving plate; drizzle Gondhoraj Lime Compote and sprinkle some lime zest and serve.
- If you have used a serving mold wherein you don’t need to de-mold the coconut pudding; just top it with the lime sauce and sprinkle some lime zest and serve.
- Instead of tinned coconut milk, you can use freshly extracted coconut milk.
- Instead of agar agar you can use Gelatin.
- If Gondhoraj Lebu is not available, use Kafir lime or Kagji Lebu or normal lemon juice to make the compote.
- Prep Time: 10
- Set Time: 1 Hour
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Continental
- Serving Size: 100g
- Calories: 264
- Sugar: 22.8g
- Sodium: 17mg
- Fat: 19.4g
- Saturated Fat: 17.2g
- Carbohydrates: 25.5g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: coconut pudding recipe, coconut dessert recipe, pudding recipe, debjanir rannaghar