Eggnog is an egg-based drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) prepared during the winter. This is also known as egg punch
- Author: Debjani Chatterjee Alam
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 6 People 1x
- Category: Drinks, alcoholic
- Method: cooking
- Cuisine: American
- 6 Egg (free-range)
- 2 cup Milk
- 1 cup Cream
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Castor Sugar
- 120ml Bourbon (check note for substitute)
- 1 Tsp. Nutmeg Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Clove powder
- 5 drops of Vanilla essence
- 4-5 Cinnamon Sticks (for decoration)
- Separate the eggs into white and yolk. Make sure that the white part does not have a little bit of yolk even.
- Keep the egg white in the refrigerator.
- Take the yolk along with brown sugar in a bowl and beat it to make a lemon-yellow-colored creamy mixture.
- Do not add sugar in one go.
- Add in small portions and keep blending.
- Meanwhile, take milk in a bowl and let it boil on low flame.
- Add vanilla essence, clove powder, and half of the nutmeg powder, and bring it to a boil.
- Now add the yolk mixture to the milk and mix vigorously.**
- Do not add the entire mixture in one go.
- Add 1/3 and mix and then add again and keep mixing.
- Switch the flame off and wait till the mixture comes to room temperature.
- Add cream and fold lightly.
- Now add the liquor and lightly mix.
- I add the liquor after separating the non-alcoholic portion from it.
- Now strain it and refrigerate for an hour.
- Egg white is added at the time of serving the drink. You can store the drink for a week without adding the egg white.
- Beat the chilled egg white at the time of serving the drink.
- Blend the egg white along with castor sugar to make meringue.
- A semi-soft pick is needed.
- Fold the meringue lightly with the drink.
- Pour the frothy drink into glasses and serve it chilled after sprinkling a little nutmeg powder.
- Decorate the Christmas special Eggnog with a cinnamon stick.
- Serving Size: 150ml
- Calories: 310
- Sodium: 114mg
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3.9g
- Carbohydrates: 39.4g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 38.3g
- Cholesterol: 178mg
Keywords: eggnog recipe, christmas recipe, egg punch recipe, debjanir rannaghar
Recipe Card powered by