To make the dough
- 200g Whole Wheat Flour (Atta)
- 100g All-Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil (extra for frying and cooking)
To make the chicken Stuffing
- 400g Chicken Mincemeat (Keema)
- 2 Onion
- 1 Tsp. Ginger Paste
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Paste
- 3 Green Chillies
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves (optional)
- 1 Tsp. Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp. Mango Powder (Aamchur)
- 1/4 Tsp. Hing
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
To Fry Paratha
- Be available with 1 cup warm water to make the dough.
- Take both the flour along with salt and shift the flour 2-3 times.
- Add 2 Tbsp. oil to this and mix to make a crumbly mixture.
- Now add 1/3 cup of warm water and start kneading the dough.
- Keep adding water to make a semi-soft pliable dough.
- Do not over-knead the dough. 3 minutes are more than enough.
- If you are using the fresh dough to make the paratha, cover it with kitchen towel and give a rest of 15 minutes before making the paratha. Keep it in room temperature.
- In case you will be preserving the dough, wrap it with cling film after giving the rest and refrigerate it.
- The Keema should be smooth and fine.
- Marinate the keema with 1/2 of the turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt for 15 minutes.
- Finely chop the onion and also the green chilies.
- chop coriander leaves as well.
- Now heat the oil in a pan.
- Temper the oil with Asafoetida.
- Now add chopped onion and fry those.
- Once fried, add ginger and garlic paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Now add marinated Chicken mincemeat and give a thorough mix.
- At this point add remaining turmeric powder, red chili powder, and also adjust the salt.
- Add Dried mango powder and sugar as well.
- Give a thorough mix and keep cooking on low flame.
The mixture will star releasing moisture.
Keep cooking till the moisture evaporates completely.
Add chopped, coriander, chopped green chilies, garam masala powder and also lemon juice.
Mix well and switch the flame off.
Wait till the mixture is completely cold (at room temperature.
- Take the dough and knead once more.
- Cut the dough into 10 pieces.
- Make a ball of each piece.
- Smear 1.5 tbsp. stuffing in the middle and seal the flattened dough from outer side to the inner core.
- Following this process stuff all the dough balls.
- Now apply little oil on a dough ball and flatten it a bit.
- Roll out the ball into a disk.
- Careful while rolling the dough. The stuffing should not come out from the edges.
- Now heat a tawa/ pan.
- Place the disk and roast one side on medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Flip the other side and roast for 30 seconds.
- Apply 1/2 Tsp. oil on the paratha and pan fry from both the side till it turns crisp.
- Following this process make remaining paratha.
- Instead of oil, you can use ghee to shallow fry paratha. This way the paratha will have more calorie.
- Also, you can skip oil as well.
- I at times, use a mixture of ghee and oil (3:1).
- You can skip all-purpose flour while making the dough and use only whole wheat flour to make it healthier.
- Author: Debjani Chatterjee Alam
- Prep Time:10min
- Set Time:15min
- Cook Time:45min
- Serving Size: 100g
- Calories: 584
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Sodium: 291mg
- Fat: 22.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 62.1g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 31.5g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
Keywords: Chicken keema paratha recipe, indian paratha recipe, keema paratha recipe, chicken paratha recipe, indian paratha recipe, debjanir rannaghar