Dim'er Surua is a runny and flavorful Egg Curry cooked with milk and selected spices which are mostly whole spices. A red color runny curry which is completely different from the regular egg curry. Let me share the recipe
- 6 eggs
- 300ml skimmed Milk
- 4 Onion
- 8 cloves of Garlic
- 20g Ginger
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1 Tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp. Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Normal red Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp. Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp. Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp. Salt or to Taste
- 75ml Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Ghee
- 1/4 Tsp. Keora water
- 6 Dry Red Chilies
- 3 pieces of cinnamon stick
- 4 Green Cardamom
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 2 Bay leaf.
- Boil Eggs along with a pinch of salt for 8 minutes to hard-boil those.
- Once boiled, remove the shell and keep those aside.
- Take a fork and pierce on the eggs.
- Now finely chop the onion.
- Roughly chop Garlic and make a rough paste of Ginger as well.
- Heat 100ml oil in a pan and fry the onion to make onion crisps aka Piyaj beresta in small batches.
- Fry half of the onion crisply and fry the remaining brownish but not as crisp as Birista.
- Strain the Onion crisps and less-fried onions from the pan one by one (you can see the recipe of Piaj beresta for further understanding).
- Add half of the turmeric powder and Kashmiri red chili powder along with half of the sugar and cook till the sugar caramelizes.
- This step is extremely important for the getting the color.
- Now temper the oil with the whole spices.
- Once the spices emits nice aroma add the less-fried onion and also the boiled eggs.
- Keep cooking on high flame so that the eggs can get fried.
- Now add ginger and garlic and cook on high flame for a minute.
- At this point add slice green chilles and also half cup water and let it cook.
- Add Salt, remaining sugar and turmeric powder and give it a thorough mix.
- At this point add Milk in room temperature along with similar quantity of water to the pan.
- Now you will see the pan full of light gravy.
- Keep the flame high and add remaining Kashmiri Red chili powder and mix it.
- Bring it to boil.
- while boiling dry roast the cumin powder in a tawa and add it to the pan containing the gravy.
- Without covering the pan cook for 7 minutes on high flame.
- The gravy should over the eggs properly and hence to keep the gravy as it is add water while boiling it for 7 minutes.
- Once done, add Garam Masala followed by Ghee and Keowa water and switch the flame off.
- Serve Dimer Surua with your choice of Paratha or Roti.
- The gravy should have oil floating on the top, nice red in color and flavorful.
- While serving top the Egg curry with fried onions and a dash of lemon juice.
- Prep Time: 15min
- Cook Time: 20min
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Bengali
- Serving Size: 150g
- Calories: 366
- Sugar: 23.2g
- Sodium: 675mg
- Fat: 17.2g
- Saturated Fat: 3.9g
- Carbohydrates: 32.3g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 20.8g
- Cholesterol: 172mg
Keywords: Dim'er Surua recipe, Surua recipe, Bengali egg curry recipe, egg curry recipe, Dimer Jhol recipe, debjanir rannaghar