Baked Quail and Veggies
My baked Quail and veggies recipe calls for basic veggies, some herbs, olive oil, and a good batch of quail!
- Author: Debjani Chatterjee Alam
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Set Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 5 Portions 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Fusion
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 Potato
- 2 Onion
- 5 Baby Corn
- 10 Mushroom
- 2 Tomato (or 10 Cherry Tomato)
- 1 Bell Pepper
Spice and Herbs
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Paste
- 1/4 bunch of Lemongrass (fresh or dry)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped dry Red Chili
- 2 Tsp. Parsley
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tsp. Black Pepper Powder
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Peel the skin of Potato and Onion.
- Cut all the veggies into small squares.
- Now take a bowl and take all the veggies along with washed quail.
- Add Garlic paste, Salt, black pepper powder, parsley, chopped lemongrass, chopped dry chili and also olive oil.
- Mix everything.
- Keep the bowl as it is for 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 165 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the content of the bowl to a baking dish.
- Make a bed of veggies and place the quail on the top.
- Pour the liquid over the quail and veggies.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 165 degrees C.
- Once done, switch the oven off.
- Remove the baking dish after 10 minutes from the oven.
- With a spoon fold lightly.
- On a serving plate first, place the baked quail followed by the veggies.
- Top those with the juice remaining in the pan.
- In case veggies are not fully cooked, you can heat 1 Tbsp. Oil and shallow fry those for 2 minutes and serve.
- Now serve it hot with your choice of carbohydrate.
- It is better to cut the veggies into small pieces; this will help in even baking.
- Instead of olive oil, you can use melted butter.
- Instead of salt, you can use sea salt.
- Serving Size: 200g
- Calories: 602
- Sugar: 18.4g
- Sodium: 561mg
- Fat: 27.6g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 64.1g
- Fiber: 8.2g
- Protein: 32.6g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
Keywords: Baked Quail, baked Quail and veggies recipe, quail roast recipe, quail recipe, debjanir rannaghar
Recipe Card powered by