Deep-fried Oreos aka Fried Oreo is an easy-to-make dessert/ snack. We use famous oreo cookies and deep-fry those to perfection in this recipe
- 20 Oreo Cookies (I use the signature cookie with vanilla stuffing)
To make the wet mixture:
- 1 cup (150ml) Milk
- 1 Egg
- A few drops Vanilla essence
- 1 Tsp. Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Melted Butter
To make the dry mixture:
- 2 Cups (350g) Plain Flour
- 2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 4 Tbsp. Powdered Sugar
- 300ml White Oil/ Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Powdered Sugar
- Keep Oreos in the refrigerator for one hour before frying.
- Take 350g Plain Flour in a bowl.
- Now add 2 Tsp. Baking Powder.
- Add 1 Tsp. Baking Soda as well.
- Add 1/2 Tsp. Salt to the mixture as well.
- Now add 3Tbsp. Powdered Sugar to it.
- Mix properly and strain through a strainer.
- Take 150ml Milk at room temperature in a bowl.
- Add 2 Tbsp. Melted Butter to it.
- Add 1 egg (at room temperature) as well,
- Now add a few drops of Vanilla or any other essence of your preference.
- At this point, add 1/2 Tsp. plain Vinegar and mix properly.
- There should not be any lump in the mixture.
- Now add the flour mixture in small batches to the wet mixture.
- After adding half of the flour mixture blend using a whisk.
- Once mixed properly, add the remaining flour mixture and mix to make a semi-runny batter. This is basically Pancake batter.
- You can add little milk to get the right consistency, which I have shown in the video for your reference.
- Once done, keep the mixture for 10 minutes before using it as the batter.
- Meanwhile, heat sufficient Oil (preferably White vegetable oil without any smell).
- The pan should be half-filled with the oil as deep-fried Oreo calls for deep-frying!
- Keep the flame medium all through.
- Now take an Oreo cookie and coat it with the batter. I use a fork to do this.
- Transfer the coated Oreo to the pan having hot oil.
- You can fry around 3-5 cookies at one go depending on the size of the pan you are using. I prefer to fry 3-4 at one go.
- You will have to fry both sides 1 Minute each.
- The coating should turn golden brown in color.
- If needed fry for a few more seconds.
- Once done strain from the pan and keep the fried Oreos aside.
- Now fry the remaining Orio cookies.
- Once done transfer fried Oreos to a plate and sprinkle some powdered sugar before serving hot!
- You can to the deep-fried Oreos with a dollop of ice cream or your choice of sauce such as caramel sauce or coulee etc.
Fried Oreo Recipe Video Debjanir Rannaghar
Instead of Oreo cookies, you can use other sandwich cookies as well.
Instead of a homemade pancake mix, you can use packaged pancake mix as well.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 50g
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 9.4g
- Sodium: 182mg
- Fat: 17.6g
- Saturated Fat: 4.7g
- Carbohydrates: 21.1g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
Keywords: deep-fried oreo, fried oreo recipe, oreo fry recipe, debjanir rannaghar