Deep-fried Oreos aka Fried Oreo is an easy-to-make dessert/ snack. We use famous oreo cookies and deep-fry those to perfection in this recipe
- 20 Oreo Cookies (I use the signature cookie with vanilla stuffing)
To make the wet mixture:
- 1 cup (150ml) Milk
- 1 Egg
- A few drops of Vanilla essence
- 1 Tsp. Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Melted Butter
To make the dry mixture:
- 2 Cups (350g) Plain Flour
- 2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 4 Tbsp. Powdered Sugar
- 300ml White Oil/ Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Powdered Sugar
- Keep Oreos in the refrigerator for one hour before frying.
- Take 350g Plain Flour in a bowl.
- Now add 2 Tsp. Baking Powder.
- Add 1 Tsp. Baking Soda as well.
- Add 1/2 Tsp. Salt to the mixture as well.
- Now add 3Tbsp. Powdered Sugar to it.
- Mix properly and strain through a strainer.
- Take 150ml Milk at room temperature in a bowl.
- Add 2 Tbsp. Melted Butter to it.
- Add 1 egg (at room temperature) as well,
- Now add a few drops of Vanilla or any other essence of your preference.
- At this point, add 1/2 Tsp. plain Vinegar and mix properly.
- There should not be any lump in the mixture.
- Now add the flour mixture in small batches to the wet mixture.
- After adding half of the flour mixture blend using a whisk.
- Once mixed properly, add the remaining flour mixture and mix to make a semi-runny batter. This is basically Pancake batter.
- You can add little milk to get the right consistency, which I have shown in the video for your reference.
- Once done, keep the mixture for 10 minutes before using it as the batter.
- Meanwhile, heat sufficient Oil (preferably White vegetable oil without any smell).
- The pan should be half-filled with the oil as deep-fried Oreo calls for deep-frying!
- Keep the flame medium all through.
- Now take an Oreo cookie and coat it with the batter. I use a fork to do this.
- Transfer the coated Oreo to the pan having hot oil.
- You can fry around 3-5 cookies at one go depending on the size of the pan you are using. I prefer to fry 3-4 at one go.
- You will have to fry both sides 1 Minute each.
- The coating should turn golden brown in color.
- If needed fry for a few more seconds.
- Once done strain from the pan and keep the fried Oreos aside.
- Now fry the remaining Orio cookies.
- Once done transfer fried Oreos to a plate and sprinkle some powdered sugar before serving hot!
- You can the deep-fried Oreos with a dollop of ice cream or your choice of sauce such as caramel sauce or coulee etc.
Fried Oreo Recipe Video Debjanir Rannaghar
- Instead of Oreo cookies, you can use other sandwich cookies as well.
- Instead of a homemade pancake mix, you can use packaged pancake mix as well.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Dessert
- Method: cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 50g
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 9.4g
- Sodium: 182mg
- Fat: 17.6g
- Saturated Fat: 4.7g
- Carbohydrates: 21.1g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
Keywords: deep-fried oreo, fried oreo recipe, oreo fry recipe, debjanir rannaghar