Soya Chunks Pulao recipe is an easy Indian Pulao recipe cooked with rice and Soybean chunks. This is a healthy yet tasty one-pot vegetarian meal.
- 200g Basmati Rice
- 100g Soya chunks
- 50g Hung Curd
- 2 Onions
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 4 French Beans
- 1/4 cup Green Peas
- 2 Green Chilli
- 1 Tsp. Ginger Paste
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Paste
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Ghee
Spices used in Soya Pulao
- 1/2 Tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Tsp. Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Sugar
Temperings Needed for Soya Rice
- 1 Bay leaf
- 10 peppercorns
- 1/4 Tsp. Cumin Seed
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Dry Red Chilli
- 1" Cinnamon
- 4 Green Cardamoms
- Wash and soak rice in water for 15 minutes.
- Soak Soya chunks in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes the soya chunks will increase in size.
- Drain excess water and squeeze the soya chunks to remove excess water.
- Wash 2-3 times again and squeeze to discard water
- Meanwhile cut Carrot, bell pepper, and French beans into small pieces.
- Thinly slice the onion.
- Cut Green Chilies as well.
- Now heat 1/2 Tbsp. Oil in a pressure cooker.
- Fry the soya chunks after sprinkling 1/4 Tsp. each of salt and turmeric powder for 2 minutes.
- Strain those from the cooker.
- Now add the remaining oil and also to Ghee to the cooker.
- Add the tempering one by one.
- Cook for a minute.
- Now add onion slices and cook till those change color.
- Add both ginger and garlic paste and cook till the raw aroma goes.
- Add hung curd and mix well.
- Now add chopped veggies and mix well.
- Add remaining turmeric powder and salt.
- Add Sugar, Red chili powder, black pepper powder, and Garam Masala.
- Mix everything and cook till the oil leaves the side of the mixture.
- Now add fried Soya chunks and mix with the spice mix.
- Cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Now add washed rice and mix again.
- At this point add boiling water to cover the rice.
- The water should cover the rice and there must be water 1" above the rice.
- Check the spices at this point and if needed adjust spices.
- The water should taste how you want the pulao should taste.
- Cover the Pressure cooker with the lid.
- Put the weight.
- Keep the flame low.
- Wait till the pressure cooker releases pressure two times (two whistles).
- Switch the flame off.
- Wait till the pressure drops completely.
- Open the cooker once there is no pressure.
- Lightly mix the Pulao.
- Serve Soya Pulao hot with Raita.
You can add some chopped coriander leaves to the Pulao.
To cook vegan Soya Chunk Pulao, skip Sugar, Ghee and Curd.
In the version, instead of Curd use coconut milk and replace ghee with 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil.
- Category: Main
- Method: cooking
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 120g
- Calories: 363
- Sugar: 8.6g
- Sodium: 637mg
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrates: 57.8g
- Fiber: 5.9g
- Protein: 10.7g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
Keywords: Soya Chunks Pulao Recipe, Soya Pulao recipe, Soya Rice Recipe, Soya Biryani Recipe, Debjanir Rannaghar, Debjani Chatterjee alam