Instant Chicken Pulao in a pressure cooker is a simple one-pot pulao
- 750g Chicken (with Bone and curry-cut)
- 300g Basmati Rice
- 2 Onion
- 1 Carrot (optional)
- 2 Bean (optional)
- 2 Spring onion (optional)
- 1 Tsp. Ginger Paste
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Paste
- 200ml hung curd/ plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup Fried Onion aka Beresta
To marinate chicken:
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger Paste
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp. Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp. Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp.Salt
- 3 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Garam Masala Powder
- 4 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Ghee
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 2” Cinnamon Stick
- 5–6 Green Cardamom
Instant Chicken Pulao Recipe
- Cut Onion into thin slices and carrot, beans, and also spring onion into small pieces.
- Wash and pat dry chicken.
- Marinate chicken with all the spices mentioned under the heading of “marination” for 15 minutes.
- Wash rice under running water 2-3 times and soak in water for 10 minutes before cooking.
- Heat 4 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil in the Pressure Cooker.
- Add 1 Tbsp. Ghee and heat it properly.
- Temper with Dry Red Chilli, Bay Leaf, Cinnamon Stick, and also Green Cardamom.
- Now add chopped Onion and cook till the onion turns brown.
- Add 1 Tsp. Ginger Paste and also 1 Tbsp. Garlic Paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add chopped Carrot, chopped Beans, and chopped spring onion as well.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Once fried, add 200ml hung curd/ plain yogurt and mix properly and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cook till the oil floats on the top.
- Now add 1 Tsp. Salt, 1/2 Tsp. Turmeric Powder, 1/2 Tsp. Red Chilli Powder and 1 Tbsp. Sugar as well.
- Mix with a spatula.
- Now add marinated chicken and also the marinade.
- Mix again with the spices and veggies.
- cook on low flame for around 8 minutes.
- Add 1 Tsp. Garam Masala Powder and cook for a while.
- By this time you will see lots of oil floating on the top.
- Now add soaked rice and mix the rice properly.
- Add hot water to cover the rice.
- You must check there is enough water (above 1″ of the mixture).
- Adjust salt at this point if needed.
- Check the water for the flavors. The water should have the exact flavor you wish to have in the Chicken Pulao. If the water tastes flat or over-salty then the Pulao will have the same.
- Cover the cooker with the lid and put the weight on.
- Cook on high flame until the pressure builds.
- Once you hear the sound, reduce the flame to medium.
- You will have to cook till the cooker releases pressure two times; 2 whistles,
- Switch the flame off after 2 whistles and wait till the pressure drops completely to open the lid.
- Top the Chicken Pulao with Fried Onion aka Beresta and serve it hot.
- You will see very nice Chicken Pulao with perfectly cooked rice by following this recipe.
Instant Chicken Pulao in a pressure cooker video recipe
- Veggies are optional; however, those make the pulao healthy and flavorful.
- I use rice and chicken in a proportion of 1:2 (almost).
- Category: Rice
- Method: cooking
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 200g
- Calories: 593
- Sugar: 6.1g
- Sodium: 939mg
- Fat: 28.4g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 77.1g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 8.9g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
Keywords: Chicken Pulao recipe, instant chicken pulao recipe, one-pot chicken pulao recipe, poressure cooker chicken pulao recipe, debjanir rannaghar