Dhaba Style Chicken Curry is an easy-to-make Indian Chicken Curry and a roadside favorite. It takes hardly 30 minutes to cook this delicacy.
- 1 kg Chicken (curry cut)
- 3 Onion
- 2 Tomato
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1/2 bunch Coriander Leaves
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Paste
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger Paste
- 1 Tsp. Red Chili Powder
- Cumin Powder: 1 Tsp.
- 1 Tsp. Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- 1 Dry Red Chilli
- 3 Bay Leaf
- 2” Cinnamon Stick
- 6 Green Cardamom
Spices and Other
- 5 Tbsp. Oil
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp. Ginger Paste
- 1/2 Tsp. Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Cumin Powder: 1/2 Tsp.
- 1/2 Tsp. Coriander Powder: 1/2 Tsp.
- 1/2 Tsp.Turmeric Powder: 1/2 Tsp.
- 1 Tsp. Garam Masala Powder
- 1.5 Tbsp. Kasuri Methi
- Salt to taste
Here’s how you cook Dhaba style Chicken Curry
- Wash and pat dry chicken pieces.
- Now roughly chop Onions.
- Make a paste of the Tomatoes.
- Cut Green Chillies into small Pieces.
- Roughly chop coriander leaves.
- Marinate Chicken at least for 15 minutes.
- Marinate chicken with 1 Tbsp. Ginger Paste, 1 Tbsp. Garlic Paste, 1 Tsp. Red Chili Powder, 1/2 Tsp.
- Turmeric Powder, 1 Tsp. each of Cumin powder and Coriander Powder, 1 Tsp. Salt and also 2 Tbsp. Oil.
- Heat 5 Tbsp. Oil in a deep bottom pan.
- Heat the oil.
- Temper the oil with Bay leaf, Dry Red Chilli, Cinnamon Stick, and also Green Cardamom.
Cook for a minute.
- Add chopped onion and cook till the onion turns brown in color.
- Now add Ginger and Garlic Paste and cook for another minute.
- Add Tomato paste and cook till oil floats on the top.
- Now add Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder, Red Chilli Powder, and also a little salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add little water in between while cooking.
- Now add 1 Tbsp. Kasuri methi and cook for a while.
- Now add marinated chicken and mix well.
- At this point add chopped green chilies and half of the chopped coriander leaves.
- Now add 2 cups of water and mix.
- Lower the flame and cook for 20 minutes without covering the pan with a lid.
- Once the chicken is properly cooked and the gravy is rich, add the remaining Kasuri methi and chopped coriander and mix again.
- Switch the flame off and wait for 10 minutes before serving Dhaba style chicken curry.
- Serve Dhaba Chicken Curry hot with your choice of Roti, Paratha, nan, rice, or Pulao.
- Category: Chicken
- Cuisine: North Indian
Keywords: Dhaba style Chicken Curry