Adrak wali Chai aka Ada diye Cha aka Indian Ginger Tea is an Indian beverage that needs no introduction.
- 1.5 Tbsp. Tea Leaves (preferably CTC Tea)
- 3 Cups Milk
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2" Ginger
- 4-5 Green Cardamom
Perfect Adrak Chai Recipe
- Take 2" Ginger and peel the skin.
- Now crush the Ginger.
- Crush Green Cardamom (4-5) as well.
- I use Water and Milk in a ratio of 2 Cups. 3 Cups.
- You can use an equal quantity of water and milk as well.
- Add two cups of water to the saucepan or bowl you are using for making Ginger Tea.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Now add crushed Ginger and add crushed Green Cardamom as well.
- Do not discard the skin of cardamom; it gives added aroma to the Cardamom Chai.
- Mix using a spoon.
- Let it boil for a minute on high flame.
- Now add 2 Tbsp. Sugar.
- Let it boil for a minute.
- The sugar will release some moisture
- Now add 1.5 Tbsp. Tea Leaves.
- Mix with a spoon and boil for a minute.
- Now add 3 Cups of Milk.
- The milk should be at room temperature.
- Cover with a lid and boil for 3 minutes at low temperature.
- Open the lid and let the Chai boil for 3 more minutes at medium temperature.
- Meanwhile, mix with a spoon to incorporate the tea leaves sticking on the pan.
- If you prefer your tea on the lighter side. you can switch the flame off at this point.
- We prefer Kadak Chai aka Kora Cha (strong flavors).
- To make the tea strong, you have to boil it for 3 more minutes.
- Before straining the Chai, mix with a spoon.
- Strain the Ginger Cardamom tea in a Teapot of your choice.
- In case you are not having the Tea then and there, you can re-heat it however, there is nothing like freshly prepared Chai.
- The quantity of the ingredients I have used will make the exact two cups of tea.
Ada Cha aka Adrak Chai Recipe Video
You can increase or decrease the sugar based on your preference, or can completely skip it.
Darjeeling Tea is not ideal for making Milk Tea.
Use same size cups for water and milk measurement.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: cooking
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Adrak chai recipe, indian ginger tea recipe, ada diye cha recipe, debjanir rannaghar