Ilish Mach er Dim Bhuna aka lish Mach er Dim er Jhuri is a stir-fry prepared with Hilsa Roe
- 200g Hilsa Roe/ Ilish Mach er Dim
- 2 pieces Hilsa chunk/ Ilish mach
- 3 Onion (big)
- 1 Tsp. Ginger paste
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Paste
- 1 Tomato (big)
- 4 Green Chili
- 1 Tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp. Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp. Salt or to taste
- 4 Tbsp. Mustard Oil
- Marinate Hilsa roe and fish chunks with 1/2 Tsp. of Turmeric powder, and also 1/2 Tsp. of salt.
- Finely chop two onions and make a paste of another.
- Make a paste of the Tomato as well.
- Chop green chilies as well.
- Now heat 2 Tbsp. mustard oil in a pan.
- Add chopped onion and fry till the onion turned translucent in color.
- Now add onion paste, garlic paste, ginger paste, and also chopped green chilies.
- Fry till the oil leaves the edges of the pan.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chili powder, 1/2 tsp. salt and mix well.
- At this point add the marinated fish roe and mix thoroughly.
- The roe will dry almost immediately and hence, you have to stir vigorously.
- Now add the fish chunks and mix well and keep frying.
- Add 1 Tbsp. oil in between and break the fish using the spatula.
- Mix in a way that there are broken yet big chunks of fish along with the stir-fried roe.
- Adjust salt if needed.
- You can add some chopped cilantro if you wish.
- Once done, add the remaining 1 Tbsp. oil and give a thorough mix.
- Serve it hot with steamed rice.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Fish
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Bengali
- Serving Size: 100g
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 4.9g
- Sodium: 797mg
- Fat: 2.1g
- Carbohydrates: 12.3g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 21.8g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
Keywords: ilish macher dim jhuri recipe, ilish macher dim bhuna recipe, debjanir rannaghar