A never-fail recipe of homemade white bread or Yeast bread using easily available ingredients.
- 6 cup All-purpose flour (extra flour for dusting)
- 2 Tbsp. Active Dry Yeast
- 1.5 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1.5 Tsp. Salt
- 2 cup Warm Water
- 3 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- Check the water before activating the yeast. The water must not be super hot but warm. You must be able to put your finger in the water.
- Take the yeast ina bowl along with 1 Tbsp. Sugar and pour in the water and lightly mix with a spoon.
- It will take 5-7 7 minutes time to proof the yeast. The mixture will turn bubbly. If not, you better not use the yeast.
- In the meantime, Shift the all-purpose flour with salt.
- Add the flour to the bowl having the proofed yeast.
- Add remaining sugar to it.
- Mix using your fingers.
- The dough will be sticky once mixed properly.
- Dust a clean surface with some all-purpose flour and take the dough and start kneading.
- This part is a bit messy. It will take at least 5 minutes to knead and to give the dough shape.
- Now take a clean bowl and spray some cooking oil.
- Place the dough and coat the outer surface with the oil. You may refer to the pictures.
- Cover it with a damp cloth and wait for one hour.
- The dough will rise in one hour to double. Please refer to the picture.
- Punch the dough and knead it again for 2 minutes.
- Divide the dough into portions depending on the size of your tins.
- Take the tins and oil the inner side of the tin.
- Now give the dough desired shape. I have used round tin and hence I have given a round shape.
- Place the dough within the tin and again cover with dump cloth and wait for 30 minutes before starting to bake the bread.
- Meanwhile pre-heat the over for 10 minutes in 180 degrees C.
- Brush the top of the dough with water 2-3 times.
- Place the tin (s) in the middle rack and bake for 35-40 minutes in 180 degrees C.
- you may brush the tip with water 1-2 times in between.
- Take the bread out of the oven once properly baked.
- Let it cool on the wire rack.
- Un-mould the bread.
- Take a clean and damp kitchen towel and cover the loaf for 1 hour.
- This step is very important. The moisture helps in getting soft bread.
- Once done You can serve it after toasting or as it is or you can store the homemade white bread for later use.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 50g
- Calories: 309
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 351mg
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 59.7g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 8.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Easy yeast bread recipe, debjanir rannaghar