Potol Bata aka Pointed Gourd Paste is a Bengali Potol dish (entree) mostly served with Steamed Rice where the paste is prepared with roasted pointed gourd
- Potol/ Pointed Gourd: 6-7 (Preferably Ripe)
- Tomato: 1
- Green Chilli: 2
- Garlic Clove: 6-7
- Turmeric Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Red Chilli Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Cumin Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Nigella Seed/ Kalojire: 1/2 Tsp.
- Salt: to taste
- Mustard Oil: 2 Tbsp.
- Coat the veggies with a few drops of Mustard oil.
- This will help to keep the moisture while roasting the veggies.
- Now roast the Pointed gourd over the medium flame using a bread roaster.
- Roast one side of the Pointed Gourd for around one minute.
- Turn the Potol using a tong to roast another side.
- Now Roast the Tomato following the same process.
- The roasted veggies are to be at room temperature while making the paste aka bata.
- Make a smooth paste along with the Green Chillies, and also the Garlic Cloves.
- Heat Mustard Oil in a pan.
- Temper the Oil with Nigella Seed.
- Add the paste and stir vigorously.
- Now add Turmeric Powder, Cumin Powder, Red Chilli Powder, and also Salt and mix.
- Cook on a slow flame for around 3 minutes.
- Stir in between.
- Add a few drops of Mustard Oil and adjust the salt if needed.
- Once done switch the flame off.
- Serve Potol Bata with steamed Rice.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Bengali