Mulo diye Motor Dal
Mulo diye Motor Dal aka Yellow split pea cooked with radish is a Bengali thick lentil soup mostly cooked during the winter.
- Author: Debjani Chatterjee
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 6 People 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Bengali
- 150g Motor Dal/ Yellow Split Peas
- 3 Radish
- 50g Cilantro/ Coriander leaves (optional)
- 4 Green Chili
- 2 Dry Red Chilli
- 1 Tsp. Nigella Seed
- 1/2 Tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Salt or to taste
- 1.5 Tbsp. Ghee
- Wash the Dal and remove the impurities if any.
- Remove the greens and skin from the Radishes and cut them into small squares.
- Now take the Dal along with the Turmeric powder and three times water in a pressure cooker.
- Put the vent weight on and cook till one whistle comes on low flame.
- Once the pressure drops, open the lid and add the radish chunks, cilantro, and green chilies cut into halves and put the lid again with the weight on.
- Cook on low flame till two whistles come out from it and then switch the flame off.
- Now heat the Ghee in a pan and temper the ghee with Nigella Seed and dry Red Chilli.
- Add boiled Dal with the veggies to it.
- Add salt to taste and the sugar and mix with a ladle.
- Bring it to a boil and then switch the flame off.
- Serve it hot with steamed rice.
- Coriander Leaves are optional however I prefer adding a few.
- You may substitute ghee with Oil to cut down the calories.
- You may skip the sugar as well.
- Serving Size: 50g
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 4.3g
- Sodium: 206mg
- Fat: 5.2g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrates: 17.9g
- Fiber: 6.9g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
Keywords: Mulo diye Motor Daal Recipe, Mulo diye Daal recipe, Bengali Yellow Split Pea with radish recipe, Debjanir Rannaghar
Recipe Card powered by