Keema Matar aka Qeema Matar is a famous dish of Mughal origin and is famous in the Indian subcontinent. This is cooked with mincemeat and Green Peas.
- 500g Mutton Keema/ Mincemeat
- 250g Green Peas
- 2 Onion (big)
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger Paste
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Paste
- 4 Green chili
- 100g Plain Curd
- 2 Tbsp. Cream (Completely optional)
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 2 Dry Red Chili
- 1 Tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp. Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp. Kasuri Methi
- 1 Tsp. Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp. Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp. Shahi Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp. Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Salt or to taste
- 3 Tbsp. Mustard Oil
- Clean the mincemeat before marinating it with the spices.
- Marinate the meat with 1/2 Tsp. each of Turmeric powder, Chili powder, Sugar, Salt, Cumin Powder, Coriander powder, and also Garam masala Powder for 30 minutes.
- Cut onion and tomato into slices.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Temper the oil with bay leaf and red chili.
- Add chopped onion and fry till it turns light brown in color.
- Now add ginger and garlic paste and also tomato and cook till the raw aroma of the pastes and tomato is gone.
- Now add the curd and cook for five minutes.
- Add 1/2 Tsp. each of Turmeric powder, Chili powder, Sugar, Cumin Powder, Coriander powder, and also little salt.
- Mix thoroughly and cook on low flame till the oil comes out from the mixture.
- Crush the Kasuri Methi and add it to the mixture.
- Add green chilies as well.
- Now add both green peas and also the marinated mincemeat and mix thoroughly.
- Cover the pan and cook for around 15 minutes on low flame.
- The meat will release moisture and the curry will changes color in between.
- Once the meat and peas are well cooked and the moisture is soaked and the gravy is thick, add the rest of the garam masala followed by the cream, and mix.
- Switch the flame off when the "Tehr" (Oil) comes out from it and the Keema Matar is reaching the desired consistency.
- Serve it hot with your choice of carbohydrate.
- The cream is completely optional, however, I add it to make the Qeema Matar a bit milder and child-friendly.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Mutton
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Mughlai
- Serving Size: 200g
- Calories: 466
- Sugar: 9.6g
- Sodium: 734mg
- Fat: 23.4g
- Saturated Fat: 5.8g
- Carbohydrates: 21.2g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Protein: 41.5g
- Cholesterol: 117mg
Keywords: keema matar recipe, indian keema matar recipe, indian keema curry recipe, debjanir rannaghar