Chingri Bati Chorchori is a Bengali-style one-pot curry cooked with fresh prawns and veggies.
- 500g Chabra Chingri / Medium Prawns (Cleaned, de-shelled, de-veined)
- 1 Potato (Big)
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Onion
- 4 Green Chilli
- 1/4 bunch Cilantro/ coriander leaves
- 1 Tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp. Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Kalojire/ Nigella Seed/ Kalonji
- 2 Tbsp. + 1/2 Tsp. Mustard Oil
- Wash the prawns and marinate them with a little salt and half of the Turmeric Powder.
- Cut the potatoes into the edges after peeling the skin.
- Slice both the onion and Tomato and also the green chilies.
- Now in a bowl take a potato, tomato, green chili, cilantro, red chili powder, the rest of the turmeric powder, salt, and also 1 Tbsp. mustard oil and mix everything.
- Add the marinated prawns to it and lightly mix.
- Before cooking gives 10 minutes of standing time.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. Mustard oil in a pressure cooker and temper it with nigella seed.
- Now take everything in the pressure cooker and cover it with the lid and put the vent weight.
- There is no need to add water as both prawns and veggies will release moisture.
- Cook on low flame until one whistle comes out.
- Switch the flame off and wait till the pressure drops completely.
- Open the lid and drizzle 1/2 Tsp. mustard oil before serving.
- You may add Green peas and even carrots while cooking this.
- The standing time is very important. This step will help the veggies and prawns soak the spices and also will take less time to cook hence the prawns will be less chewy.
you may adjust the prawns and potatoes, based on preference.
- I have used more prawns and fewer potatoes.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Bengali
- Serving Size: 50g
- Calories: 154
- Sugar: 1.8g
- Sodium: 498mg
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 9.5g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 20.6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: chingri bati chorchori recipe, bengali prawn curry recipe, prawn recipe, debjanir rannaghar