Batabi lebu makha aka Jambura Bhorta aka Pomelo salad is a tangy fruit salad famous in West Bengal, Tripura, Assam, Bangladesh, etc and prepared during the season of Pomelo
- Pomelo/ Batabi Lebu/ Jambura: 1 (big and ripe)
- Green Chilli: 2
- Cilantro/ Coriander leaves: a few
- Sugar: 1 Tsp.
- Rock Salt: 1//4 Tsp.
- Black Pepper: 1/4 Tsp. (crushed)
- Mustard Oil: A few drops
- Remove the outer skin of Pomelo.
- Take the flesh out of the skin and deseed the pomelo as well to make the salad.
- In a bowl take the flesh along with sugar, rock salt, black pepper chopped green chili and chopped cilantro and also Mustard oil.
- Mix everything to make the mixture a bit mushy.
- Keep it as it is for 10 minutes to help in incorporating the flavors.
- Have the Jambura bhorta aka Batabi lebu makha fresh.
Increase the amount of Sugar if the pomelo is sour.
Increase or decrease chili based on need.
You can add other flavorings as well.
Cilantro is optional.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Bengali
- Serving Size: 200g
- Calories: 139
- Sugar: 2.1g
- Sodium: 246mg
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg