Komola Kheer | Kheer Komola | Bengali Orange Kheer | Komlalebur Payesh
Kheer Komola aka Komola Kheer aka Komlalebur Payesh is a Bengali style milk-based orange pudding.
- Author: Debjani Chatterjee Alam
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 People 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Bengali
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 3 Orange (Big and Sweet)
- 1 litre Full cream Milk
- 200g Condensed Milk
- 100g Sugar
- Take milk at room temperature along with half liter water in a deep bottom vessel and start boiling the milk on low flame.
- Cook the milk for around 20 minutes or unless the milk reduces to 1/3.
- Add condensed milk and mix properly and cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Now add sugar and cook till it dissolves completely.
- Stir in between to avoid burning.
- Switch the flame off and wait till the thickened milk comes to room temperature.
- Remove orange skin.
- Separate the orange segments and remove the seeds as well as discard the orange skins.
- While separating using your fingers mass a few segments as well so that there is sufficient juice.
- Mix the orange juice along with the segment with the thickened milk lightly.
- Once properly mixed either serve it at room temperature or after chilling for an hour or so.
- Use sweet oranges only.
- Do not overmix the oranges while mixing with the milk. This may result in the curdling of the milk.
- I do not like to add flavoring agents to this dessert as orange itself is enough to make this flavorful.
Instead of Condensed milk Khowa can also be used.
- Serving Size: 1 Bowl
- Calories: 340
- Sugar: 52.4g
- Sodium: 172mg
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated Fat: 5.9g
- Carbohydrates: 55.7g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 11.3g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
Keywords: Kheer Komola recipe, komlalebur payesh recipe, Kamala Kheer Recipe, debjanir rannaghar
Recipe Card powered by