Cucumber Raita is a famous Indian Condiment prepared with Cucumber and Yogurt / Curd
- Hung Curd/ Plain Yogurt: 400g
- Cucumber: 1
- Green Chili: 2
- Mint leaves: 10
- Rock Salt/ Bit Nun/ Kala Namak: 1 Tsp.
- Chat Masala: 1 Tsp.
- Cumin Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Salt: if needed
- [url href="https://cdn1.kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Making-Cucumber-Raita.jpg"][/url]
- Dry roast cumin powder for 5 minutes to make roasted cumin powder.
- Instead of cumin powder, you can use cumin seed and dry roast those. After roasting you can grind it to make roasted cumin powder
- Peel the skin of the cucumber and grate it.
- Beat the curd to make it smooth. To make Raita you need hung curd/ Yogurt. If the curd is with water, discard the water before using it.
- Add Rock salt, Chat masala, Roasted Cumin powder and extra salt (if needed) to the curd and mix using a soon.
- Now add grated cucumber followed by chopped green chilies and also chopped mint leaves and mix.
- Refrigerate the raita for 30 minutes before serving it.
You may add little sugar if wish to.
Adjust salt as per taste.
In addition to cucumber, you can add tomato and onion to this Raita.
Instead of green chilis, red chili powder or black pepper powder can also be used.
You can add a spoonful of ginger extract for added flavor.
- Category: Sauce & Dips
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 150g
- Calories: 87
- Sugar: 8.6g
- Sodium: 584mg
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 6.5g
- Cholesterol: 6mg