Within just half an hour, you can whip up a nutritious and delectable Indian vegetarian accompaniment called Palak Paneer. This dish is crafted using a blend of spinach and paneer, resulting in a wholesome and flavorful cottage cheese recipe.
- 200g Paneer
- 500g Spinach
- 3 Green chili
- 2 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Tsp. Ginger Paste
- 1.5 Tsp. Garlic paste
- 1 Tsp. Kasuri Methi
- 1/2 Tsp. Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp. Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp. Salt or to taste
- 100ml Fresh Cream
- 1 Tbsp. Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- Cut Paneer into 1" cubes.
- Wash Spinach thoroughly under running water.
- Cut and discard the spinach stems. The recipe calls for the leaves only.
- Take a deep vessel and fill it with two liters of water and start boiling the water.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl keep chilled water and at least 20 ice cubes.
- Once the Water starts boiling add the spinach leaves and cook for 2 minutes.
- Do not reduce the flame and do not cover the pan with a lid.
- Switch the flame off and using a tong transfer the spinach to the bowl containing chilled water and ice. This step is to keep the color of spinach intact.
- leave it for around 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion into small strips and cut tomatoes into big chunks.
- Now take the spinach along with tomato and green chilis in a blender and make a smooth paste of these.
- Add 1/2 cup of water while blending the greens.
- Heat oil in a pan and temper the oil with half of the Kasuri Methi.
- Now add chopped onion and fry until the onion turns translucent.
- Add Ginger and garlic paste and cook for 3 minutes or until the raw aroma goes away.
- Now add the Spinach paste and give it a thorough mix.
- Keep the flame low from this point onward.
- After five minutes of cooking add Cumin powder, Red chili powder, Salt, Garam Masala and also the rest of the Kasuri Methi and mix.
- Add 2 Cups of water.
- Keep cooking for 5 minutes without covering the pan with a lid.
- Now add half of the fresh cream after blending it with a spoon so that there is no lump.
- Mix it with the spinach and add cubed Paneer as well.
- Cook for around 10 minutes.
- Once reach the perfect texture add the remaining cream followed by butter and mix lightly.
- Switch the flame off and Serve Pakal Panner with Roti/ Paratha/ Rice/ Pulao.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Paneer, Veg
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: North Indian
- Serving Size: 70g
- Calories: 149
- Sugar: 3.3g
- Sodium: 764mg
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 12.3g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 9.7g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
Keywords: palak paneer recipe, shag paneer recipe, indian paneer recipe, debjanir rannaghar